This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaSneakyGit

05-13-2011

What incentive does Riot have to lower the price for you crybabies? Say they lowered many of the 6300's to 3150's, suddenly everyone is buying them 2-3 at a time per week. Are you guys going to cough up some cash for skins then? Probably not, and you sure as hell weren't buying champs beforehand either.

Riot NEEDS MONEY TO FUNCTION. Until Riot posts up their accounting info, I highly doubt that they are "raking in millions", I really really doubt it.

Seriuosly, go buy HoN and leave already if it's such an issue. Buy Dota 2 when it comes out. I'll see you crybabies in all 3 games.

Jiggybuns

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSneakyGit View Post
What incentive does Riot have to lower the price for you crybabies? Say they lowered many of the 6300's to 3150's, suddenly everyone is buying them 2-3 at a time per week. Are you guys going to cough up some cash for skins then? Probably not, and you sure as hell weren't buying champs beforehand either.
Your second point aside, it stands to reason that if more players owned more champs, more skins would be sold.

2pac

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
We're sorry the price for LeBlanc was accidentally raised - we would never do this in secret without an announcement on purpose - it just isn't how we operate. We'll be pro-actively issuing refunds on the difference to anyone who purchased LeBlanc at 6,300 (the script will probably run next week).

We also know there are complaints about Champion pricing in general and we have lowered prices on older Champions, and Rumble was not a 6,300 IP Champion.

We are currently working on getting access to the store backend to change the price to 3,150, but there is a temporary networking issue from the office at the moment.

We'll be updating this thread with the latest:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=745010

- RiotChris
**** that and all ur 4800/ 6300 bull****

DaSneakyGit

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggybuns View Post
Your second point aside, it stands to reason that if more players owned more champs, more skins would be sold.
No they wouldn't, because everyone here is already too cheap to buy the champ to start with and most skins cost as much as the champs do now. It's a lose-lose situation for Riot to keep lowering IP prices. This generation is Generation L for Leech, because that's all they do. No one wants to pay for anything.

Edubsimuth

05-13-2011

it's much cheaper to play hon.. the community sucks but then again so does this one

lazylink

05-13-2011

People who are supporting riot are doing that just to cover their asses for being stupid enough to actually pay money for this game

Zelos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

05-13-2011

Bump this thread if I support it eh?

I guess this would be a great situation to sage. ****.

galedia

05-13-2011

Quote:

Riot NEEDS MONEY TO FUNCTION. Until Riot posts up their accounting info, I highly doubt that they are "raking in millions", I really really doubt it.

Seriuosly, go buy HoN and leave already if it's such an issue. Buy Dota 2 when it comes out. I'll see you crybabies in all 3 games.
Nobody is asking for champions already 6300 to be lowered, I don't know where you got that from. The only thing this thread is asking for is for some new champions that aren't 6300 IP, as Riot promised a long time ago (which never happened). Also Riot doesn't only get money from selling the actual champions, they make a lot of money off of skins alone, sometimes more than the actual champion makes. People will pay money for skins if they like a champion enough.

And by the way, they do bring in millions. If you bothered to do any research on the matter, you'd find out they bring in an estimated $25-50 million in revenue. They're not nearly as small as everyone seems to think.

Grognak The Barb

05-13-2011

щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

Beatus

05-13-2011

Quote:

They made 162 thousand dollars in one week with the sale of a single skin. I think that does prove that they are swimming in money.