This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NovaTheReaper

05-13-2011

Riot promised to release champions at different price points. They never promised to release one at every price point every 2 weeks in a neat, even pattern for the rest of LoL's existence. Aside from a 450 ip champion, they have upheld that statement. However, they have released another price point(4800), so it's almost like they've cancelled the two out.

Quote:
I'm not sure how the thread is stupid... pointing out that riot promised us stuff then didnt deliver I.E. champions at different price ranges. 9 out of 13 champs have been 6300 IP. Also the fact that they said champions that take more skill will be 6300, but thats complete BS. Greed claims another company dude.. oh and you know they are gonna make at least 40 more champions, so that means like 30 of them are going to be 6300 IP. Yeah that sounds reasonable. Stupid *****.
This thread is stupid because you are complaining that champions cost too many influence points, and that makes Riot greedy. Yet influence points have no value, you get them for free, which makes every champion free. The issue here is that you feel entitled to everything quicker than you would get it normally. What do you expect RiotChris to tell you in this situation? That Riot will be releasing more 3150 champions in the future? Do you think he really has the authority to make such a blanket statement? Do you expect him to tell the OP to go die and that he's just wrong, and enflame the community more? I mean, really.

Miss Tryhard

05-13-2011

I ****ing love 6300 IP champions. I love winning games and getting the IP to buy them.

Cause all i do is WIN.

All you haters cant win = cant get IP = QQ

2xHero

05-13-2011

@RiotChris

I have been playing this game since closed beta, and I am very disappointed with how IP prices have been creeping up. When the game launched, most new champions were priced at 3150. 7/10 of the first champions released were priced at 3150 IP, 2 were 6300, and 1 was 1350. With the next 10 releases 5/10 were 3150 and the other five were 6300. The percentage of 6300 champions being pumped out went up. Still, I was content since half of the champions were at the more reasonable 3150 price.

Now lets move to the precent. Seven of the last 10 champions were priced at 6300. Two were at the new 4800 price and only 1 was 3150. This is quite a change from launch, when 7/10 champions were 3150. Another point is that only one 3150 champion was released since the introduction of the 4800 price range and you had to make a special forum announcement of a "lower" priced champion. Having 6300 being the norm for champion prices is really upsetting, especially since that price was originally introduced as being rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
I think only a few of the legendary champions have the higher IP cost. It's like Anivia, Blitzcrank, and I forget the others.
Now, the majority of new champions have the high-legendary price, and a newer cost was introduced so that even fewer 3150- champions are released.

It really seems that you've left your old standards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Champion price is ultimately determined by the difficulty of the champion. we make Champions more expensive that will be more difficult for players to learn - the biggest reason why is to put them out of reach for a greater number of players who would not do well with them.

When asking for Champions, people rarely request more "easy" champions, and want champions that are more complex (Anivia for example).

We'll definitely be making more Champions at every IP price point at some point though...

Doflamingo51

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
We also know there are complaints about Champion pricing in general and we have lowered prices on older Champions, and Rumble was not a 6,300 IP Champion
How about lowering more champ prices...Try lowering a 6300 down to 3150.

Zealot644

05-13-2011

Quote:
We're sorry the price for LeBlanc was accidentally raised - we would never do this in secret without an announcement on purpose - it just isn't how we operate. We'll be pro-actively issuing refunds on the difference to anyone who purchased LeBlanc at 6,300 (the script will probably run next week).

We also know there are complaints about Champion pricing in general and we have lowered prices on older Champions, and Rumble was not a 6,300 IP Champion.

We are currently working on getting access to the store backend to change the price to 3,150, but there is a temporary networking issue from the office at the moment.

We'll be updating this thread with the latest:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=745010

- RiotChris
What about the actual content of this post? It wasnt purely about Leblanc.

galedia

05-13-2011

RiotChris missed the point of this thread completely.

Glad to see Riot hires competent people!
/sarcasm

Jiggybuns

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot644 View Post
What about the actual content of this post? It wasnt purely about Leblanc.
Addressed by fellow members of the community.

"Stop complaining. It is annoying." seems to be the gist of it.

Previnity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

Quote:
There have been Riot posts in this thread, but they might be getting lost:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...33#post8832833

- RiotChris
We see these posts, which the general logic is more complicated/difficult champs are higher priced. But this is far from the case.

By that logic Le Blanc and Nidalee should be 6300 ip . Her combo mechanic is not simple or easy. Renekton and jarvan should be 3k if not less. Their mechanics are a fairly simple without huge punishments if things are done incorrectly (as opposed to le blanc where missing the combo hits will leave you SoL)

Please reduce the IPs of the 6k characters that are not difficult before we can believe the Riot explanation of "Price is based on difficulty"

Gentoon

05-13-2011

riot will continue to 6300IP. rumble being 4800 confirms this. truly, rumble is worthy of the 1350 ip title, but we all know that's not going to happen. they'll lower the cost on UP champions and keep releasing 6300.

Jiggybuns

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Jpanda View Post

By that logic Le Blanc and Nidalee should be 6300 ip"

Nid and LB were two of the easiest characters to pick up that I've ever tried. You'd have better luck saying Akali should be 6300.