This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goldoth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotchris View Post
we're sorry the price for leblanc was accidentally raised - we would never do this in secret without an announcement on purpose - it just isn't how we operate. We'll be pro-actively issuing refunds on the difference to anyone who purchased leblanc at 6,300 (the script will probably run next week).

We also know there are complaints about champion pricing in general and we have lowered prices on older champions, and rumble was not a 6,300 ip champion.

We are currently working on getting access to the store backend to change the price to 3,150, but there is a temporary networking issue from the office at the moment.

We'll be updating this thread with the latest:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=745010

- riotchris
lol fail


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shooterdüde

Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
We're sorry the price for LeBlanc was accidentally raised - we would never do this in secret without an announcement on purpose - it just isn't how we operate. We'll be pro-actively issuing refunds on the difference to anyone who purchased LeBlanc at 6,300 (the script will probably run next week).

We also know there are complaints about Champion pricing in general and we have lowered prices on older Champions, and Rumble was not a 6,300 IP Champion.

We are currently working on getting access to the store backend to change the price to 3,150, but there is a temporary networking issue from the office at the moment.

We'll be updating this thread with the latest:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=745010

- RiotChris
<-------------->Point of this thread

Your head

That being said thank you for updating us on Leblanc. Also I like how you're still going to get 1,000 upvotes despite posting something that's practically off-topic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haitake

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotchris View Post
we're sorry the price for leblanc was accidentally raised - we would never do this in secret without an announcement on purpose - it just isn't how we operate. We'll be pro-actively issuing refunds on the difference to anyone who purchased leblanc at 6,300 (the script will probably run next week).

We also know there are complaints about champion pricing in general and we have lowered prices on older champions, and rumble was not a 6,300 ip champion.

We are currently working on getting access to the store backend to change the price to 3,150, but there is a temporary networking issue from the office at the moment.

We'll be updating this thread with the latest:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=745010

- riotchris

i love how they completely ignore the post..... This is not about leblanc...... Omfg riot


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uccisore

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haitake View Post
i love how they completely ignore the post..... This is not about leblanc...... Omfg riot
That's because the actual point of this thread is extremely ****ing stupid and doesn't deserve a response. I don't care if you get 10,000 upvotes. Every upvote proves the community is a tiny bit worse, not that the thread is a tiny bit better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gr1nn3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Mebbe a Nikasaur swinsuit addition to make up for it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

red0231

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
There have been Riot posts in this thread, but they might be getting lost:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...33#post8832833

- RiotChris
The first time a red said something to me, and I can't tell if it was nice, mean, or without care

I'm so conflicted.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Racsnarok

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
We're sorry the price for LeBlanc was accidentally raised - we would never do this in secret without an announcement on purpose - it just isn't how we operate. We'll be pro-actively issuing refunds on the difference to anyone who purchased LeBlanc at 6,300 (the script will probably run next week).

We also know there are complaints about Champion pricing in general and we have lowered prices on older Champions, and Rumble was not a 6,300 IP Champion.

We are currently working on getting access to the store backend to change the price to 3,150, but there is a temporary networking issue from the office at the moment.

We'll be updating this thread with the latest:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=745010

- RiotChris
you completely missed the point on this thread. It's about too many new champs being released at a price of 6300 and not LeBlanc's pricing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haitake

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
That's because the actual point of this thread is extremely ****ing stupid and doesn't deserve a response. I don't care if you get 10,000 upvotes. Every upvote proves the community is a tiny bit worse, not that the thread is a tiny bit better.
I'm not sure how the thread is stupid... pointing out that riot promised us stuff then didnt deliver I.E. champions at different price ranges. 9 out of 13 champs have been 6300 IP. Also the fact that they said champions that take more skill will be 6300, but thats complete BS. Greed claims another company dude.. oh and you know they are gonna make at least 40 more champions, so that means like 30 of them are going to be 6300 IP. Yeah that sounds reasonable. Stupid *****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feel the Deep

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haitake View Post
i love how they completely ignore the post..... This is not about leblanc...... Omfg riot
I don't think there's anything that employee can do. Personally, I'm impressed that he even responded. I mean, if your boss says: All new champs are set at 6300 IP, then that's that.

Listen, Riot likes to make money. Can you imagine what Blizzard would do if 100,000 angered fans raged at them for releasing every single expansion for $50? Probably nothing :/
Riot's playerbase is huge... I think they're going to keep releasing champs @ 6.3k IP, like it or not. Eventually people will get used to it.

It's kind of like gas prices. It really sucks, but it's the way it goes. :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moonpuncher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haitake View Post
I'm not sure how the thread is stupid... pointing out that riot promised us stuff then didnt deliver I.E. champions at different price ranges. 9 out of 13 champs have been 6300 IP. Also the fact that they said champions that take more skill will be 6300, but thats complete BS. Greed claims another company dude.. oh and you know they are gonna make at least 40 more champions, so that means like 30 of them are going to be 6300 IP. Yeah that sounds reasonable. Stupid *****.
So they promised different priced champs. 9 out of 13 champions have been 6300. Were the remaining 4 also 6300? Because if not, that certainly sounds like different prices to me.

The only thing I can think of is that you're so cheap and stupid, you took that post to mean "We'l release 450 IP champs too omgggg". This is simply QQ of the highest order. Don't get angry at a game for having a business model. I'm happy to pay it, and so are most of the users (Because if no one were paying it, demand would drive the price down).