This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PerfidiousAlbion

09-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standtall View Post
yet do you see the problem where a 6300 ip champ costs 975 RP while a 3150 IP champ costs 975 RP as well?
Can't say I'm terribly concerned. I agree with the point of your argument I just don't get why anyone who plays regularly would pay RP for a 3150IP champ to begin with. It really doesn't take that long to farm that much IP. Honestly, if they lowered the RP cost of 3150 champs it would probably encourage people to spend more RP where otherwise they'd just save up some IP, so it might well be in Riots best interests to make your proposed change.

VejiTehDestroyer

09-28-2011

I do and i don't agree with this thread. I agree, that yes, they need to release champs or price drop older champs. But i don't agree, because i want them to have the income to improve the game, upkeep the game, and generally have nice things for making such a wonderful little game. On that note, i don't approve of them spending millions on a pot for comp play. Thats just dumb, but hey, there are worse companies out there doing more screwed up ****, so can't blame the business model.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2011

riot fails

lionho

09-28-2011

mebe play the game and get 6300 ip..... for free

Clickjoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standtall View Post
yet do you see the problem where a 6300 ip champ costs 975 RP while a 3150 IP champ costs 975 RP as well?
This is a bigger problem

Standtall

09-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfidiousAlbion View Post
so it might well be in Riots best interests to make your proposed change.
Of course!!! then we all win. Like a comment that was posted on the OP's post I believe someone mentioned a ratio of RP to IP that for 6300 champs it was 975 and then like 700 for 4800 champs and so on.

In regards to your statement of just farming 3150 IP take into account when someone buys RP its usually in bundles and may have 3150 left after purchasing the biggest RP bundle just want a certain champ now.

If its a 450 or 1350 champ I just but them with IP though

Gerbil

Recruiter

09-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clickjoy View Post
This is a bigger problem
this is exactly the problem. I was playing xin zhao last week on free week and enjoyed him enough that I wanted to pick him up, but he's still 975 RP vs 3150 IP.. and at those prices I can't justify spending RP on him..

while I appreciate the recent IP price drops, they need to be matched with RP drops, or I'm just going to save my RP for newer champs that aren't going to get IP drops anytime soon.

Sharpdaggers

09-28-2011

Buy RP noob.

FaythDarkHeart

09-28-2011

bump

McMaster

09-28-2011

Quote:
If you play 2 games a day and have anywhere near to a %50 win rate then you should easily be able to afford every second released champ with IP to spare.
Wrong. At about 80IP a game (idk about you but that's about what I get) I can get 4480IP over the course of 4 weeks. That's not even enough for a 4800IP champion. Every 6 weeks I can get 6720IP. Oh good. Now I have enough for one of the three champions they released. Oh wait, I needed those runes or a new rune page. Looks like I'm waiting another month and a half to buy one of the now SIX champions they've released.

The second part kind of hinges on the first one being correct.

Quote:
Most games aren't continually updated with new content over long periods of time unless they have subscriptions or some other way of making money (even some that do still charge for that new content, see WoW expansions). You can play LoL indefinitely without it costing you anything. Why you think you should be able to do so without having to ever invest more money in the future boggles my mind (actually I understand completely, its just incredibly selfish.)
I think you just misunderstood me here. I'm saying those people spent money on this game that they could've used to buy a couple other games. Riot needs to understand that and not (here is where I think you misunderstood) LIE TO THEIR FACES AND CONTINUE TO USE A ****TY PRICING SYSTEM. I added the pricing system part because I felt it fit well there.

Quote:
You also, of course, realize that riot is constantly giving the community things for free right? Because you do earn an in game resource that can be used to purchase these champs that they're regularly releasing with it costing you any actual money. Just because you can't get every single one for free doesn't mean you aren't getting any.
The ease with which Riot could correct their pricing system and be able to release champions at all pricing systems is utterly ridiculous. That is why I'm angry more than anything else. There is no need for them to release champions at 6300. They could make just as much money with a simple change to how they price their champions.

Quote:
Also, how much did Dominion cost you? Considering how much it likely cost Riot to produce wouldn't that be considered them giving something to their customers?
Dominion cost me nothing.

I have been trying to enjoy Dominion and I've been trying to play a lot of it. However, I find it a bit mediocre as a game. I honestly don't think I'll waste any more time on it, because I don't play AoS's to get a quick 20 minute game in. I like AoS's because they last (the good ones, anyway) from 40 minutes up to an hour and a half. I like the strategic gameplay involved, whereas Dominion feels entirely tactical. If a company were to release something that only half of their customers enjoy (I'm not claiming that only half of LoL players like Dominion) would you say that they gave something to all of their customers?