This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ahri s 9 Anuses

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

Okay. Seriously at first I was commiserating with you a bit. But reading your posts, clearly you need to find another hobby. If you need every brand new champ that comes out just for 'a few games of fun' then YOU ARE TIRED OF LOL.

Go play something else. Not a troll post. Serious advice. You're tired of the game, so take a break. Clearly you've seen all there is to see of the old roster.

Zealot644

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaFen View Post
The amount of self-entitled kiddies on this board is ridiculous.
And the amount of sheep that give Riot money for this overpriced trash every second week astound me.

LegendaryHobos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot644 View Post
Be a sheep. Buy every champ in the game with your hard earned money and make sure to spend it all on a 'free to play' game that forces you into buying champions with real cash instead of being able to use ingame points for no cost at least once every two weeks.

Problem?
Where is it forcing you to get all the champions?
League of legends is one of the few games I actually like the cash shop. How bout this? Save your money, and buy champions that interests you. The weekly rotation is here for a reason, to let people try heroes without needing to buy it to try it.

Kingreaper

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot644 View Post
You had IP and RP mixed up there but I understood your post.

That doesnt matter. Riot is a multi million dollar company, and with the amount of champion ideas I see in their suggestion thread they could be pumping out like 10+ a week that will cost very little on the idea and creation side of things.
You have absolutely no idea how hard it is to program, balance, design etc. a hero do you?

If they pumped them out at that rate they would:
A) Be very very ugly.
B) Be very very glitchy.
C) Be absolutely game-destroyingly broken.

And LoL would die.

Kotsubaki

05-10-2011

Riot makes them new champs so high in IP so that you buy more RP.

derp

Lord Imrhial

Recruiter

05-10-2011

uh.....why does it matter? If you could just get 50000billion IP in a day then what would the point of having IP be? THIS IS A FREE GAME!!!! WHAT ELSE COULD YOU WANT?!?!? IP is the incentive of playing and doing well, everygame has some sort of currency method.

RIOT knows it takes time to get IP...and that is perfectly fine. You can buy some RP (which is basically a donation to RIOT) to get champions faster, but seriously kid; RIOT makes a fun and FREE game, and yet you are complaining about the time it will take to get a new hero. The old heros are just as fun and powerful as the new ones; there is no advantage to having a "newer" hero either.

Be grateful and either save up IP like everyone else, or spend a mere 10 bucks on RP and give up fast food for a day. lol.

GO RIOT!
-L.I.

TheShortestPath

05-10-2011

They're a business that's trying to make money you selfish ignorant ****.

Releasing champions at 6300 makes them more money. That's their goal, that's how it works. You have no ****ing right to complain, because the game is free.

Veissdrachen

05-10-2011

Well, there was Jarvan and Rumble at 4800. *shrug* Sona, Karma and Lux all at 3150.

I bought only Garen and Galio with RP, but I own every single champ with the exception of 8, not including Vayne; who I'll buy tonight. The eight champs I didn't buy because I don't like any of them. (I didn't have the IP to buy them on release, so I waited for Free Week, and tried them and made my decisions)

I consider myself a collector; I farm the ip to have 6300 for any champ on release day if I think they're interesting. Sometimes I decide later that it wasn't really worth it; I can only ever play one at a time, and some I've bought I never play. If you want runes, get runes first. Prioritize. There is such a thing as being an overly impulsive shopper.

Side Note: I own all those champs AND I have a 9set of nearly every useful rune. It's not impossible.

Uccisore

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilShadow777 View Post
You get approximately 100 IP for a 40 minute win.
You get approximately 250 IP if it's a first win of the day.
Assuming light playing is 2 games a day which is ~1.5 hours, you get 350 IP a day.
A week and a half is ~11 days. Assuming you win every day thats ~3850 IP.

Your view on how much IP is earned is HORRENDOUSLY skewed.
Why should somebody admittedly only putting in 'light play' be able to get every champ as soon as it's released for free anyway? How could Riot possibly sustain itself on such a model?

Urobolus

05-10-2011

Incoming red to say they understand the problem and will make the next champion 3150. Then proceed to make 4 more 6300 IP champions.

It happened before, and it'll happen again. No amount of these topics and no amount of upvotes will change it. And no, boycotting is a lose-lose decision (and I'm sure Riot knows this).

I wouldn't mind so many 6300 IP champions if there were enough of the lower priced IP champions to justify how many absurdly-overpriced IP champions there are. For example: Are Galio and Miss Fortune REALLY worth 6300?