This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2011

Riot will lower the price of new champs when Dota 2 comes out

Draxarr

09-13-2011

inb4

PillzMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2011

bump

GosoxJ

09-13-2011

I remember when they used to have new champions for 3150 IP.

MasterfulWizard

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GosoxJ View Post
I remember when they used to have new champions for 3150 IP.
Just wait until it's closer to the Dota 2 release date... you will see them again

Jortalus

09-13-2011

Everyone needs to read this topic and realize that a majority of people said at one point that they would be satisfied with 6300 champs on release as long as older champs dropped in price.

That's what's happening. You can't just amend your conditions once the original demand is met; you've already lost.

MasterfulWizard

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jortalus View Post
Everyone needs to read this topic and realize that a majority of people said at one point that they would be satisfied with 6300 champs on release as long as older champs dropped in price.

That's what's happening. You can't just amend your conditions once the original demand is met; you've already lost.
Everyone said they want 6,300's reduced...

Riot is trolling

ExpertSockThrow

09-13-2011

You know, this thread is just an eye-sore now... clearly Riot has no intentions of releasing a champ at less than 4800, with 6300 being the default price. Without a very large segment of players refusing to buy RP for new champs, Riot can do what they please. I'll sell my laptop and buy a Mac when they put a new release out for 1350 or 450.

That being said, they're trying to placate us by releasing the prices of old champs that most people have by now. Shouldn't that be enough to calm you guys down?

Vineheart01

09-13-2011

whats most annoying about the 6300ip costs is most of them are on heroes we definately believe are not worth it (Skarner, Wukong, or Leona anyone?)

Of those three, Leona would be the most worth it. Even she doesnt seem to fit the price though since she, for reasons i dont understand when looking at her kit, is out performed by most tanks including ones that ARENT 6300ip.

Talon is probably the only one that is actually worth that price, as he's pretty good. My only issue with him is hes kinda one-trick like a lot of assassin heroes (Akali being the exception, since she just keeps going others need to back off if their combo fails or gets interrupted).

i mean cmon, if youre going to charge max price, especially when max price was stated to be a rarity despite 50% new champs having it, atleast make the hero actually work as intended and fit in the gameplay. Whether or not they work for Dominion we may never know (since that seems to always get pushed back) but in current 3v3/5v5 majority of your new heroes are interesting/suck, but they dont bring anything to the table to be viable in a team fight.

MasterfulWizard

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpertSockThrow View Post
You know, this thread is just an eye-sore now... clearly Riot has no intentions of releasing a champ at less than 4800, with 6300 being the default price. Without a very large segment of players refusing to buy RP for new champs, Riot can do what they please. I'll sell my laptop and buy a Mac when they put a new release out for 1350 or 450.

That being said, they're trying to placate us by releasing the prices of old champs that most people have by now. Shouldn't that be enough to calm you guys down?
Riot is reducing the IP prices on champs that are already inexpensive and like you said - are old and most people have them..

Riot is trolling