Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlbinoX

08-09-2011

Quote:
AzureShadow:
Surprisingly enough, that's not true. In most cash shop games, the people who spend the most money fall into two categories:

I'm sorry, but can you point me to these statistics? I hate to not have any myself, but my comments were based on some stats I saw a month or so ago linked into APB:R forums. Basically, the idea is that those two groups you mentioned are not active forum users/community people and that they represent a small portion of the truly dedicated fans. I find casual gamers (people wishing to pay for convenience) are likely to purchase less microtrans, because they are not dedicated enough to the game for that extra convenience to matter much. I.E. people who really need IP boosts are people who play enough games for the IP to pile up so they can purchase content which will...encourage them to play more, basically.

Same for the "mommy/daddy's money" demographic you mentioned. These kids spend 10 dollars on an IP boost then never use all of it, because they are too young too play competitively/seriously. So they may make a single microtrans purchase for instant gratification, but are less likely to re-purchase later once their attention spans have taken them elsewhere. This is a huge problem among gamer demographics when it comes to markets and economies due to X game being released next quarter with shinier graphics.

No offense, but I was talking about the people who pay riot's salary, individuals who purchase microtrans on a regular basis based on their dedication to a particular game. For everybody who owns only one skin and never posts on the forum, there are 3-4 "hardcore" people who own several cosmetics, purchase boosts regularly to diversify their rune pages/get the latest champ. THIS is the demo who purchase champs day-of-release en masse, and THIS is the demo of the community most likely to be vocal on the forums. This is the bread-and-butter of the microtrans community, so how about giving the "sure thing" champ buyers a bit of a break and reduce the IP of older champs so that people who purchase new champs each month get a break on the older content?

Please feel free to show me any articles/metrics that suggest otherwise.

Pulled Pork

08-09-2011

6300 ip is perfect price, though like a video game the price should drop continuisly after time.

ColdSnapQQ

08-09-2011

Revert the IP System.

IDGAF about 6300.

Syrdust

08-09-2011

6000 upvotes... I have not seen that many in a long, long time. Something obviously needs to be done. I feel like waving a big fat middle finger at riot. At least lower A TON of other champs costs.

Pulled Pork

08-09-2011

this is like saying why are the champions always 975 RP, when there IP price is sometimes not 6300 IP, were spending real cash and not complaining about the price, so why do you people always really need to whine.

Dealyth

Recruiter

08-09-2011

bump

Dealyth

Recruiter

08-09-2011

skarner 450 callin it

LM Porky

08-09-2011

6300 ip, im crying tears now

Shaded Memory

08-09-2011

Hey Riot. Did you ever ****ing read this post? If you have you would see how ****ing rediculous this is getting. Another 6,300? ANOTHER ONE? Don't even use the bs excuse of a 4,800. Where the hell are the 3,150's and 1,350's and 450's? You know whats a good way to make money. By charging everyone this much all the god **** time. You know whats a good way to lose respect? By charging everyone this much all the god **** time.

Two Chainz

Recruiter

08-09-2011

How about you get a job, and buy some RP and support the game you oh so cant live without. instead of being a free loader playing games mainly because there free. bottom line get a job and quit QQing