Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yellowfrog

Senior Member

08-09-2011

Quote:
Mercnet:
975 is a lot for these heroes, and some are straight up not worth 975/6300.


Here's a novel concept - if you think a champ has uninspired design and not worth it, try not buying it.

People can do all the complaining they want on the forums but Riot really should only pay attention to the sales numbers.

It's not up to the consumers to dictate how things are priced or if "Riot is making too much money". The only things you can do is complain a lot (not so effective) or vote with your $$$ and not spend money on RP (very effective).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlbinoX

Member

08-09-2011

Quote:
yellowfrog:
It's not up to the consumers to dictate how things are priced or if "Riot is making too much money". The only things you can do is complain a lot (not so effective) or vote with your $$$ and not spend money on RP (very effective).


Word. Unfortunately, people who care enough to complain about the price, generally do so because they intend to buy things and want more personal convenience. Forum goers are also 10x more likely to buy microtrans.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

natrol

Senior Member

08-09-2011

we got another one boys


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beatus

Member

08-09-2011

Quote:
yellowfrog:
Here's a novel concept - if you think a champ has uninspired design and not worth it, try not buying it.

People can do all the complaining they want on the forums but Riot really should only pay attention to the sales numbers.

It's not up to the consumers to dictate how things are priced or if "Riot is making too much money". The only things you can do is complain a lot (not so effective) or vote with your $$$ and not spend money on RP (very effective).


That's how companies make a lot of money now and lose all of their costumers as soon as a better, more affordable product(i.e. DotA 2, Realm of Titans) shows up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PureZesty

Senior Member

08-09-2011

We all understand that Riot needs to make money and thus more 6300 characters come out to bring in more money from the kids who can't/don't want to farm 6 days worth of IP. Lets face it, even if you play 12 games a day, it will still take you half a week to get that character. All of us on the side of the thread starter DO understand this and we don't mind a 6300 character now and then but every GD Week!? The IP is based on the characters skill level to play and I know that 20% of these 6300 IP champions aren't worth 6300 based on a skill level. Quite honestly a huge majority of the problems here would be avoided if Runes didn't cost as much as hero's do. 11 days worth of work for a champion and his rune page is extremely steep considering it would take 3 months of non-stop playing to get every character and a rune page for them. Don't get me wrong Riot, we love playing this game but we have lives too, calm down on the outrageous prices.

P.S. You guys don't even make money from runes, why the **** is one rune page 25k IP!?..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beatus

Member

08-09-2011

Quote:
PureZesty:


P.S. You guys don't even make money from runes, why the **** is one rune page 25k IP!?..


Rune prices are outrageous to "force" you to buy champions with RP or forget about runes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheShortestPath

Senior Member

08-09-2011

Quote:
AlbinoX:
Forum goers are also 10x more likely to buy microtrans.


Surprisingly enough, that's not true. In most cash shop games, the people who spend the most money fall into two categories:

Well-off people who play the game casually and don't want to "waste time" doing things the hard way. These players are more likely than not to not really care about what goes on in the background or pay attention to the forums much if at all.

Parents of children who play and want "that cool thing that's only five dollars mom!", who give the kid what they want and the kid goes on and thinks it's cool and shiny for about five minutes. These children often don't pay attention to stuff on the forums either, nor do they care about the prices of the things their parents are buying for them.


Because these two categories of people make up the most significant portion of people who spend money on games like LoL, Nexon games, etc. and they are the least vocal members of the community, changes simply won't happen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KillerhuntCR

Senior Member

08-09-2011

and this is why as soon as dota 2 is released, i will sell my account on ebay,uninstall the game from my computer and never come back to these forums, joy!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beatus

Member

08-09-2011

Quote:
AzureShadow:
Surprisingly enough, that's not true. In most cash shop games, the people who spend the most money fall into two categories:

Well-off people who play the game casually and don't want to "waste time" doing things the hard way. These players are more likely than not to not really care about what goes on in the background or pay attention to the forums much if at all.

Parents of children who play and want "that cool thing that's only five dollars mom!", who give the kid what they want and the kid goes on and thinks it's cool and shiny for about five minutes. These children often don't pay attention to stuff on the forums either, nor do they care about the prices of the things their parents are buying for them.


Because these two categories of people make up the most significant portion of people who spend money on games like LoL, Nexon games, etc. and they are the least vocal members of the community, changes simply won't happen.



Sad but true.


Quote:
KillerhuntCR:
and this is why as soon as dota 2 is released, i will sell my account on ebay,uninstall the game from my computer and never come back to these forums, joy!


You just gave me a very nice idea.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaded Memory

Senior Member

08-09-2011

Another bump of great justice!