This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ephemeral Wolf

08-09-2011

inb4 Skarner is the first of the 12600 IP champs?

Beatus

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemeral Wolf View Post
inb4 Skarner is the first of the 12600 IP champs?
If Leona and Wukong weren't, we probably won't see a new price such as 9600 or 12600 yet. Wait till the next time they decide to release a champion the comunity wants and we'll see a 12600IP/1500RP champ.

Kpr0

08-09-2011

get over it they are a business they so they have to find a way to make you play. And to get the ip omg you have to play. So they have to do it. Crying about it week after week just means nothing because no matter how much you cry they still have to make money so either get over it or quit.

AlbinoX

08-09-2011

Dear Riot, Allow me to write you a poem;

In marketing, gaming and life
Pricing can always cause strife
If champs are too pricy to start
It causes a pang in the heart
But if champs are too cheap
they start being creeps
In every round seeing the light
The problem with pricing is clear
With dominion now drawing quite near
These champs must be discounted quite!

Let me break this down. Riot needs money, they are a business, no money means no content! Even though this is true, IP is prohibitively slow to gain without a boost. Again, probably a fiscally intelligent move as the community will have a reason to buy boosts. The price for boosts and their availability isn't in question, however. All goods and services are based upon scarcity. This means the less of a thing there is, the more it costs. With skins, champs, and cosmetics being the way that they are, "scarcity" can only apply to the time-frame a champion has live through. Older champs like Karthus no longer deserve to be 6300 IP, due to being old and less interesting than new champs. REDUCE THE PRICE OF A CHAMP THAT IS CURRENTLY 6300 EVERY DARN TIME YOU INTRODUCE A NEW 6300 CHAMP. There is no reason to believe your profit margins will decrease (for all you *******s in marketing.) and there is also no reason to change the RP calculations of most champs. Karth is still worth the extra RP for the power he represents versus the money spent. However, let his IP price, and all 6300 champs' IP price drop. You will not lose any potential cash from RP buys, and people who don't want to farm 3+ hours a day for 7 days will stop hating you.

Aacron

08-09-2011

the ****.. this thread isnt supposed to pop up until skarner is finished being released... or half an hr ago >_>

Raahmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2011

Morde es#1

Leadrox

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoX View Post
Dear Riot, Allow me to write you a poem;

In marketing, gaming and life
Pricing can always cause strife
If champs are too pricy to start
It causes a pang in the heart
But if champs are too cheap
they start being creeps
In every round seeing the light
The problem with pricing is clear
With dominion now drawing quite near
These champs must be discounted quite!

Let me break this down. Riot needs money, they are a business, no money means no content!
Stopped there, because RIOT DOESN'T RELEASE CONTENT. We get boring champions every two weeks, that is all. Riot has PLENTY OF ****ING MONEY. They do NOT need to release champions at ONLY the top two price points. They would not suffer one bit from releasing a 3150 every couple months. Not at all.

Zoram

08-09-2011

6200+ upvotes, no response. In terms of champions, IP prices should be lowered, in terms of skins, RP prices should be halved AT LEAST! One skin is way less effort than the entire champion, yet they cost the same. I find this to be so stupid, I think I could blow up riot HQ and claim I didn't do it. Why? Because riot isn't using common sense, and isn't being held accountable, why should anyone else?

Kanbe24

08-09-2011

Well one thing any business needs to be aware of is the competition and what they're doing. Most of us know who that is so I'm not gonna state the obvious (it'd just get *** anyway lol). I'm new to LoL but this is how I look at it (and I just had to choose between these 2 games)

LoL is "free" but we all know you're never going to get all the champs (or even all the one's you want) by saving up IP. With so many at the 6300 price range and more being released in that price range all the time it's fighting a losing battle. You can spend about $30 and buy a bundle which will give you 20 champs to use while the competition is a flat $30 fee and you get everything. So really unless you don't mind not unlocking much and just stick to IP, the "free" game is actually more expensive. I know when I first looked at the shop and saw all the 6300's I really thought about playing the other game instead (though my computer can't handle that game and that kinda took any decision away from me lol). And then when you add in the fact that to be competitive you need a full rune page (which is by no means cheap either) that's a LOT of matches to play that just isn't possible to keep up with the content.

Riot needs to keep getting new customers to run a successful business but if new players log in and see a ton of 6300 IP champs they'll just switch to something else that's more affordable. Even if Riot would do something like $50 unlock all champs, not content but just the champs, that would help and I'm sure many of us would be willing to pay that having already dropped around that much or more into the game. This idea would still allow for more revenue to also come in from skin sales.

I've seen some bring up the free week rotation and while I love that because I get to try out new champs, I hardly count it for much because I hate only being able to use a champ for a week and then never again (unless I either save up and buy it which just goes along with the fact that it's just too expensive to keep up or wait till it's free again in who knows how long). There are also a few champs that basically are never in the free rotation so you HAVE to buy it to even try it out, which then sucks if you don't like the champ.

Anyway this is just all the impression of a new player. Sorry if some of this was already pointed out but I wasn't about to read this whole thread xD

AlbinoX

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadrox View Post
Stopped there, because RIOT DOESN'T RELEASE CONTENT. We get boring champions every two weeks, that is all.
Stopped there, because half-reading and mis-repesenting your quote is just that easy. My NEXT SENTENCE after you gave up on controlling your A.D.D. starts with: "Even though this is true"

I'm not defending their high price points. Business is always about greed. I'm saying they owe this community a lower price-point on older champs, and not just some "middle of the road" 4800 BS they invented. IP= Time Investment. Our time investment is as vaulable as our monetary investment as far as the future of this game is concerned. And also, in regards to your "NO CONTENT BABY NOISES" quote; New champs are new content. Bug fixes are upgrades of old content. If you don't like the way Riot handles content releases, STOP PLAYING. If you just wanted to try and convince me that you can make a totally unproductive argument against a post you essentially agree with (champs are too expensive), then congratulations, you are now King Baby.