This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kingreaper

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot644 View Post
You act like I havent spent money on this game.

I dont -want- to spend money every two weeks to get a new champion, I want to be able to just afford them the odd time for free but according to Riot and you, that isnt how things should work and they should all force me into paying with real money each and every time.
If you want to buy the odd one, then you don't need to be able to save up in two weeks, but rather in three months.

And if you can't do that, you're not playing very often.

EvilShadow777

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverre View Post
Ridiculous statement, seriously. It just doesn't take that long to get 6300 IP, it really, really doesn't. A week and a half of light playing, maybe. I had no IP about 4 weeks ago after Brand came out. I've been using him for a month now and I'm back up to 9k IP with some fairly casual playing. No more than 4 games a day including the weekends.
You get approximately 100 IP for a 40 minute win.
You get approximately 250 IP if it's a first win of the day.
Assuming light playing is 2 games a day which is ~1.5 hours, you get 350 IP a day.
A week and a half is ~11 days. Assuming you win every day thats ~3850 IP.

Your view on how much IP is earned is HORRENDOUSLY skewed.

Zealot644

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Fishies View Post
You know... for my opinion. Ima realitivly knew, been playing for about 3 to 4 weeks now, But you have to realize... you download and play this game for free, while Riot has a team of guys working to enhance the game even further. What do you think pays there wages ?. They even randomize the heros availible every week or 2. For seeing how powerful Vayne is, I expected her to be a 6300 ip unlockable.

When I first started playing I farmed up 6300 points because I wanted the Telekinese Blade Girl, Irelia. Frustrating sure, but was a relief when I got her.

But really, I dont think you should whinge over a free game. I think the only issue you should have is why some skins are more pricer then others ? Thats one thing I dont understand (example, why is Teemos bunny suit more expensive than others for a skin).

anyway my 2 cents.
Obviously you havent played long enough to understand that doing that same grind repetitively every two weeks starts to suck.

Its fine for a while, but when you start realizing you are getting the short end of the stick, I told you so.

LegendaryMAWT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
Dota2 will have a flat price. Vote with your wallet.
Until they sell hats.

LittleBlueSmurf

05-10-2011

Sadly it's true. Riot is definitely starting to get greedy when they already have a huge income. Just look at Caitlyn when she came out. She sucked and was still 6300IP.

ShadyGrave

05-10-2011

while i would also like cheaper champs, truthfully, i dont mind dropping the money or grinding the ip for the champ. that just means that i worked for the champ, its mine, and anyone else who also go the champ also invested in him/her. i mean, the minute a new 1350 champ comes out every single person in game will q dodge for a week cause everyone has him/her and everyone demands to play him/her.

genericpoop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

wonder why didn't I see these kinds of threads two weeks ago....

GalacticNinjaPie

05-10-2011

True. Greedy Riot will never cut prices of new champs. Jarvan for 4800 IP was something new and they did it to calm us down...for a while.

Zealot644

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverre View Post
Wait 2 weeks to play her free. See if you want to buy her still. If so, you probably have enough IP by then. If not, you've got IP saved up for the next overpriced champion to come out. Win win.

In fact if you'd skip/buy with real money just ONE CHAMPION you can immediately get ahead of the game by having enough next time, and then some.
Sure, but the cycle would just keep repeating itself if I was to use your logic.

Every champion shouldnt be overpriced. How many people dont understand this? I dont care if I have to work to play a champion or even use real money, I care when I have to do it for every single one of them if I want to try them out without waiting for WEEKS to try them on free week.

Thivus

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueSmurf View Post
Sadly it's true. Riot is definitely starting to get greedy when they already have a huge income. Just look at Caitlyn when she came out. She sucked and was still 6300IP.
And now that she's popular, suddenly buffs and new skins