This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trixie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

Agree

Robronie

05-11-2011

I LOVE this game, i think Riot is a great company too.
But the IP pricing, is simply RIDICULOUS

Samuri Kni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

Agreed.

The rp part dosent matter, it's how much ip you spend on them..

darkside97

05-11-2011

bump

Kojira127

05-11-2011

Why should Riot reduce IP prices? The IP prices that Riot is currently using clearly aren't scaring people away from the game. If they can get away with it, more power to them...

I personally feel that the prices are just fine. You aren't intended to be able to get all of the champions and should be glad that you have the OPPORTUNITY to access all of them for free.

Tajima

05-11-2011

I don't understand why people feel the need to farm. If you are casual enough, by the time you farm enough, the champion would have been free for 2 rotations.

I have 13,000k IP saved up because I don't buy every 6300 champ that comes out. I test them first, watch other people play with them and then after i've bought them, I actually practice and play with them to get decent with them (hopefully on the last point).

It really doesn't feel like a grind, when you play the game for fun and less like a catch them all pokemon game.

Zealot644

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
I don't think you want Riot to fail, I think you just don't give a **** if they do or not. You want more free **** at the cost of Riot's profits, and you don't know/don't care how it would affect their bottom line. You just want your free ****. Like the man said, you get a bunch of upvotes because the forums are full of spoiled children who also want free **** without concern for the consequences. Good for you.
You dont seem to have comprehended my original post. If you read carefully you will see me saying I dont care if I have to farm for a champion or pay real money, but when I have to every time despite promises of lower price ranges I get a little ticked. Do you really feel that all the new champions are worth 6300/975?

I understand that Riot has to make money somehow, but they can do it better if they cut players a break with the insane IP prices that FORCE you to buy RP more than you would like to. This isnt a request for free **** either. Where in my post did you see "RIOT, GIVE ME AND THE OTHERS FREE THINGS!" ? All I want is some cheaper champions for christ sakes, is it that hard to ask?

DodoVT

05-11-2011

Bump for support

monkerino

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibby View Post
Of course this thread has a ton of upvotes. It supports users getting more free content than they are currently getting. I too would like that if it did not hurt the profitability of Riot Games. We all know that the more IP champs cost the more money they make. You vote with your dollars every time you make any purchase. If you buy McDonald's, you're voting for them to keep making burgers. If you buy a Mustang you are voting for Ford to keep making cars. If you buy champions you are voting for Riot to keep making game content.

If you choose to vote for something else with your money then Riot will adjust the prices. It might mean that the prices go up or down based on what the accountants believe will generate the most profit.

If everyone votes for something other than paying for RP then the game will be shut down.

Vote wisely people.
All of your points were correct, except the last. They will not shut the game down, they will adjust prices as somebody else has said. Speak wisely

4 Skin

Recruiter

05-11-2011

you know, the last time we did this kind of thing, they officially announced that they would price the next champ at 3150 (karma) probably due to pressure and the possibility of people leaving

a red has to view this thread eventually and see wats wrong with their pricing system and if they dont do anything about it, theyre losing more money than theyre making