Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pavi132

07-06-2011

Quote:
FPMachine:
This post is all about you. if YOU can farm up enough IP. what YOU want the champs to be priced at. Of course some will agree with you. But what about those that can farm up enough IP? that do play enough games to farm the 6300. should their efforts be totally wasted in rollover IP they will never spend?

for me of course I would like to play more champions than my few games a week pace can tackle. However I don't feel the need to DEMAND changes as... well this is a game. I play it because I enjoy playing it. You may have lost sight on what is really important here.

Perhaps you never had to work for anything. then through nothing but you perseverance you achieve it. That reward is greater than the instant gratification you so desire.

In any case I wish you luck. I hope you see your goals through to the end.

It may, however, take more than a forum post to achieve it.

He has almost 5000 upvotes for a reason. People agree. I don't mind farming up IP for a high cost champion, but once in a while you'd think they would throw us a bone and give us a break from the farm to get a champ, which is what they actually promised they would do but haven't delivered.

Oh and as for the rollover IP of those who have more than enough, there are runes and rune pages to buy.

Shindir

07-06-2011

Quote:
pavi132:
He has almost 5000 upvotes for a reason. People agree. I don't mind farming up IP for a high cost champion, but once in a while you'd think they would throw us a bone and give us a break from the farm to get a champ, which is what they actually promised they would do but haven't delivered.

He has 5000 upvotes because people want to spend less money or time farming.

I would sign/upvote and petition that would save me time or money at no cost to me.

maxicus

07-06-2011

Quote:
We want to be cut a break and have different price tiered champions like Riot had promised long ago. Just because others are happy and blind to feed companies free money without thinking about it doesnt suddenly mean myself or others are.

they do have different tiered champions why do you keep ignoring this? less than 30% of the champ make up is 6,300 IP. there are more 450,1350,3150, 4K champs than 6,300.

Quote:
We of this thread are unhappy custormers and we have the right to complain about a service that some of us are paying.

yep you can complain doesn't mean your complaint is logical more so when it comes to IP.

Quote:
We are not asking for Riot to stop selling 6300 we just want a more fair prices because these constant xpensive champions are a real pain in the ass and get tiresome speacilly with the IP nerf.

starting 1/1/2010.
Poppy, gragas, pantheon, mordekaiser, shen, garen, akali, olaf, xin, urgot, sona, lux, leblanc, trundle, karma, jarvan, rumble, orianna. (18)

all less than 6,300 ranging from 3150-4800.

kennen, mal, kog, vlad, galio, MF, Swain, irelia, cass, cait, ren, mao, Noc, Lee, Brand, Vayne, Yoick.(17).

so for 1.5 years riot has released 50% non 6,300 and 50% 6,300.

that is a 50/50. by the charts there is at least 1 or 2 non-6,300 champ between a couple of 6,300 champs.

those are called facts. they can be found here.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Champions

Quote:
Maxicus ignored my response to his post. Now I'm sad.

i didn't ignore anything.

Quote:
FREE SPEECH DOESNT EXIST"

on a private message board your right it doesn't. you are limited to the rules of that board. all boards operate in this way.

Quote:
once in a while you'd think they would throw us a bone and give us a break from the farm to get a champ, which is what they actually promised they would do but haven't delivered.

yes they have please see above. it is right there.

Zealot664

07-06-2011

Quote:
Shindir:
He has 5000 upvotes because people want to spend less money or time farming.

I would sign/upvote and petition that would save me time or money at no cost to me.

Erm. You obviously dont understand the point of this thread...

You make it sound like we are cheap lazy *******s when we infact arent.

PirateOnTheSea

07-06-2011

up

Leadrox

07-06-2011

In the last 5 months there hasn't been a 3150 champ.

I don't care if you say that there are more X price champs than 6300, that's not really the problem. The problem is the new trend is ONLY 4.8k and 6.3k. They used to release cheaper champions, and I'm fine with the prices going up. I really don't care about that. Its when the prices ONLY stay at the highest two price points, for 5 months, it becomes an issue. Would it hurt them to release a 3150 every couple months? 1 in 5 champs maybe? No.

Zealot664

07-06-2011

Quote:
Leadrox:
In the last 5 months there hasn't been a 3150 champ.

I don't care if you say that there are more X price champs than 6300, that's not really the problem. The problem is the new trend is ONLY 4.8k and 6.3k. They used to release cheaper champions, and I'm fine with the prices going up. I really don't care about that. Its when the prices ONLY stay at the highest two price points, for 5 months, it becomes an issue. Would it hurt them to release a 3150 every couple months? 1 in 5 champs maybe? No.

This.

Zealot664

07-06-2011

Quote:
Zealot664:
UPDATE: This is the OP. Apparently me and others who made @Riot threads have been kicked off of the forums. We dont know how long but we simply cannot log in because Access is Denied supposedly.

All I can really say is good work Riot at ignoring a prominent thread even through our tactics of making extra posts trying to get an actual ON TOPIC red response. I lose respect even trying to imagine the thought that a company will shush their own customers like a dictatorship. Pathetic. Without warning, without anything, you just kick us out like "Later punks. That's what you get for messing with the dictatorship of Riot. How dare you try and suggest that we do something to make you happy. BRB while I open another bank account and take your money some more".

That is all I am really going to say.

Quoted for visibility

MathMage

07-06-2011

Quote:
Svenman87:
idk about you guys but I've def spent about 200 bucks on this game so far and I'm still missing 21 champs.

Only reason I've dumped as much as I have into this game is because I want to play the latest and greatest champs, especially when they first come out and they are ripping me up in games.

I'll play anywhere from 5-10 games a week, and usually will rack up 500-1000 ip a week. That's only 2000-4000ip a month. So every other month I can purchase a new champ - oh btw tier 3 runes are expensive as balls as well, and new champs demand new runes.

So as a casual LoL player the extremely high ip for champions sucks; so much so that I'd rather dump 50 bucks into the game once every 5 months to get the champs I want and use the rest of my ip on runes. Which really sucks because for spending as much as I have I feel like I don't have much to show for it - free skin for spending 100? free champ for every 250 spent? something to reward the people who are funding your company would be nice.

I can't just grind all day playing 10-20 games a day.

Spend 15 minutes a day, win a FWOTD Co-op, get at least (180*7=1260) IP a week, plus whatever you win with ordinary play. You'll get another 6300 once every 3-4 weeks (if 5 games per week, ~1650 IP/week --> 4 weeks per 6300 champ; if 10 games per week, ~2100 IP/week --> 3 weeks per 6300 champ).

I agree with you that RP could be made cheaper, though. It might even benefit Riot to have more people buying (and likely buying more) at lower prices.

Quote:
Zealot664:
Let me try it another way, let me make a reference to giving away free pizza(Read:Irrelevant) as opposed to a sale where they can get it cheaper...which do you think would draw in more customers?

A $15 Pizza is now $7.50, I guarantee sales go up.
A $15 Pizza is still $15. Sales stay the same.
A $15 Pizza is free for a piece of paper. Your sales go up, but you make nothing.

Your reference was stupid.

There's so much more to this situation than the above.

A $15 pizza is now $7.50. How much did it cost to make the pizza? If it's more than $7.50, you're screwed. What if it's $5? Well, now you're making $2.50 per pizza sold instead of $10, I hope you're bringing in at least 4 times as many customers. Wait, do you have room in your restaurant for that many? How much will it cost to build the infrastructure to serve the increased customer base? How does that affect the number of customers you need to bring in to continue making those profits?

Now, what happens if you bring in a dozen arcade machines, let customers play for free, and tell customers they'll get a free pizza for every 10 plays, and they can add extra toppings for a fee? All hell breaks loose. Probably the toppings will have to be way more expensive than they would be at another place that charges for the pizza itself by default. So if the customer wants ALL THE TOPPINGS, or doesn't enjoy the arcade game, he should probably go somewhere else. But hey, if you don't mind having fewer toppings on your pizza, and you have time on your hands, this is a cheap place to get a fine meal.

Quote:
Zealot664:
It is completely true. We were seriously suspended or banned off of the forums for trying to help out every League player.

Can you really figure out a VALID reason for us being outright kicked out like that? There was no warning or anything, just a straight up ban.

You conspired to spam the forum with threads on the same topic, against forum rules. Duh. Want to help your cause? Come up with new arguments, not new threads rehashing the same points.

Quote:
Butt Grabber:
You keep forgetting to mention that you actually have to work for around 50 hours to get that piece of paper, the pizza is certainly not free but actually quite expensive if you value your time.

Refer back to the pizza restaurant example above. Is it fair to complain that you have to play 10 games to get the free pizza?

Magic Piper

07-06-2011

Quote:
Zzphantom:
We don't need another thread on this topic. We also don't need your poor attitude. If you have an opinion on LoL's pricing scheme, please keep it respectable, and take it to a thread that's already been started.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=719861

There's my thread on LoL pricing. I'd love to hear your thoughts expressed there, in a nice, respectable manner.

Owned.