Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shindir

07-06-2011

Quote:
Elevill:
They're not hear to make us happy???? Are you even seeing what you're typing?!?!?!?!?!?oneoneone...>the WHOLE basis behind a company is to provide a good or service (at a profit yes) but in order to do that....they have to make they customers (us) HAPPY. 'nuff said.

No, the whole basis is to make money.

Good customer service usually helps. They dont have to make you happy, as long as you are buying. Granted happiness usually helps in sales.

Alright ill try and word it another way. If you have own a pizza shop, and have a promotion on where people can come in and trade a blank piece of paper for a pizza, how many people do you think are going to actually purchase your pizza with money?

It would make me happy if I could go to your store and trade my paper for your delicious pizza. But you have lost money, and when your promotion ends, there is no reason to choose your pizza over someone elses.

Zealot664

07-06-2011

Quote:
Beatus:
Funny, you don't see Coca-Cola Company charging you 20 bucks for a diet coke just because it looks cute.

And I dont think they charge extra for different flavors of coke such as cherry.

You know what? It's the same stuff in every bottle really.

Very similar to champions. People like coke because it is cheap and good tasting. People would like Riot if they made champions (ONCE IN A WHILE) cheap and fun to play.

Hard concept is hard.

Shindir

07-06-2011

Quote:
Squeakums:
Who is suggesting 450 ip champs?

Companies need to make people happy. Thats how they keep making money. What is being asked is well within their capability to do, and it wouldn't hurt hem financially in the least.

How does it not hurt them financially? Staff hours (wages, art, models, testing) etc when every step down from 6300 IP means more people are going to be buying with IP instead of RP.

Of course companies need to make people reasonably happy.

Zealot664

07-06-2011

Quote:
Shindir:
No, the whole basis is to make money.

Good customer service usually helps. They dont have to make you happy, as long as you are buying. Granted happiness usually helps in sales.

Alright ill try and word it another way. If you have own a pizza shop, and have a promotion on where people can come in and trade a blank piece of paper for a pizza, how many people do you think are going to actually purchase your pizza with money?

It would make me happy if I could go to your store and trade my paper for your delicious pizza. But you have lost money, and when your promotion ends, there is no reason to choose your pizza over someone elses.

Let me try it another way, let me make a reference to giving away free pizza(Read:Irrelevant) as opposed to a sale where they can get it cheaper...which do you think would draw in more customers?

A $15 Pizza is now $7.50, I guarantee sales go up.
A $15 Pizza is still $15. Sales stay the same.
A $15 Pizza is free for a piece of paper. Your sales go up, but you make nothing.

Your reference was stupid.

Zealot664

07-06-2011

Quote:
Shindir:
How does it not hurt them financially? Staff hours (wages, art, models, testing) etc when every step down from 6300 IP means more people are going to be buying with IP instead of RP.

Of course companies need to make people reasonably happy.

Exactly. They need to make us happy and cut us a break once in a while.

My pockets can heal a bit from being gouged at least once in a while I'd hope.

Shindir

07-06-2011

Quote:
Beatus:
Funny, you don't see Coca-Cola Company charging you 20 bucks for a diet coke just because it looks cute.

You dont see them giving them away because it would make people happy do you?

Xetvenen

07-06-2011

Quote:
Shindir:

TLDR: Riot is here to make money, not to make people happy. Which doesn't help you guys, because your happiness comes from not giving Riot money.

Someone doesn't know how business works. Customers are EVERYTHING. That means, by extension, their happiness in regards to your product is everything.

By doing things that tend to frustrate customers more than anything, you are increasing the chances that they will go elsewhere to spend their money. I hate the prospect of having to grind IP, making less than 100 per win, just to get a single champion, especially when I've got rune pages I need to fix/fill. The alternative to this frustration is to buy RP and unlock the champion straight up.

Basing your profits entirely on making IP purchases a pain in the ass is NOT a sound plan. A lot of people have said that they would be fine with 6300 champs, so long as we at least got 100 IP per win.

Zealot664

07-06-2011

Quote:
Zealot664:
UPDATE: This is the OP. Apparently me and others who made @Riot threads have been kicked off of the forums. We dont know how long but we simply cannot log in because Access is Denied supposedly.

All I can really say is good work Riot at ignoring a prominent thread even through our tactics of making extra posts trying to get an actual ON TOPIC red response. I lose respect even trying to imagine the thought that a company will shush their own customers like a dictatorship. Pathetic. Without warning, without anything, you just kick us out like "Later punks. That's what you get for messing with the dictatorship of Riot. How dare you try and suggest that we do something to make you happy. BRB while I open another bank account and take your money some more".

That is all I am really going to say.

Quoted again to keep it visible.

Zealot664

07-06-2011

Quote:
Shindir:
You dont see them giving them away because it would make people happy do you?

No. But you dont see them gouging your pockets with every new can design they make?

We arent asking for free stuff. You arent intelligent enough to realize that. Also, coke has 'win things' under the cap quite often. Like you know, free cokes.

When I buy a champion I want it to pop their head off and I can see if I win another champion. Oh wait, that wasnt what I was asking for.

Beatus

07-06-2011

Quote:
kl3rk:
You should go to japan :P

I intend to, but first I have to learn Japanese. Kanji is a nightmare.