This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devare

05-10-2011

How about this would you rather pay $15 a month to have access to the content and get all the champs or would you rather just have a free game and have the option of purchasing the champions and runes etc. Honestly think about it.

CaptainCupcake

05-10-2011

People keep saying it's free to play, it's free to play. God ****it, I wish it WASN'T free to play - would be ALOT cheaper. I would rather pay $60 for a full product and $15 for expansion/dlc with random interspersed tweaks. As it stands LoL is either a very expensive game or a huge grind-fest.

Leeoku

05-10-2011

not surprised. this encourages more riot point spending. it is a business for them

Gr3yZer0

05-10-2011

I think we're confusing "scam" with "business model". Riot is a company that employs dozens of people who demand paychecks, run severs that cost money, etc. To provide that they need to have a constant source of income. Providing an opportunity for their customers to hand them $15 or $20 a month for new content is the route they've chosen to go. If you don't want to pay that you don't have to. You can either farm the IP or pay for the RP.

Access to a champ whenever you want should be considered "premium" content. The fact that you could theoretically have access to every champ and rune in the game without paying a single red cent doesn't mean that you will be able to access everything without paying. If it was easy to do so Riot would have to live off of Skins and Rune Pages alone.

If you aren't having fun with your current stable of champs, and are only getting a few days of enjoyment out of a new one this may not be the game for you. I have about 40 champs and haven't even gotten a chance to really play all of them yet, much less try all the different builds, so I'm not exactly jonesing for some champ strange right now. Buying (or not) every new champ does not make me a "sheep", rather it reflects how I want to spend my disposable income and/or time. In fact, if you're slavishly buying every champ that comes along regardless if you'll enjoy them or not... well, BAAA to that.

Note: If you're buying every new champ that comes out because Phreak comes to your house and holds a gun to your head, I retract my sheep comment. You should probably notify the authorities if that is the case.

Lcr2003

05-10-2011

Riot will be their own undoing. I think they're just trying to make as much cash as possible before DOTA2 releases and they lose 50% or more of their playerbase in a single day.

SandvichTF2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

inb4 riot admin replies, OWAIT that's never going to happen when it's a thread about how riot overprices everything now

BestFluttershyNA

05-10-2011

bump for truth

Devare

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot644 View Post
Oh my god. And if I like her and want to purchase her, that is STILL 6300 IP OR 975RP WHICH IS WAYTOO MUCH FOR THE MILLIONTH NEW CHAMPION WITH THE SAME INSANE PRICES.

You're an idiot.
Dude you're a ****tard, ok i'll put it into a simple term for you. Buy it later. Not now, not tomorrow, not even next week, that is the beauty of this game, if you have a problem go play some game developed by communists that force you to do ****.

Lcr2003

05-10-2011

And the "free to play" thing gets old really fast.

We're talking *****$15***** for a *****SINGLE***** champion skin etc.

ProxyReBorne

05-10-2011

And a bump to you good sir.