Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boldizar

05-10-2011

Why is it a problem that 6300 RP is more than someone can farm up in two weeks playing on a casual schedule?

Okay, you want to be able to get every champ without spending any money. That's great. Why should Riot accommodate that?

slapmymeat

05-10-2011

I just wish they lowered the price on lower champions or something to kinda balance it. I don't really care otherwise

shovelware

05-10-2011

It's my money, and I need it nooowww!

Zealot644

05-10-2011

Quote:
Elite Midget:
Riot expects to make a profit with every new champion. Selling new champions for less than 6300 IP means that fewer pay with IP thus fewer net Riot any cash.

You had IP and RP mixed up there but I understood your post.

That doesnt matter. Riot is a multi million dollar company, and with the amount of champion ideas I see in their suggestion thread they could be pumping out like 10+ a week that will cost very little on the idea and creation side of things.

I understand that money is money, but isnt customer satisfaction something to keep in mind too? I shouldnt have to farm for 50+ hours every two weeks if I even want a shot at trying the new 6300 champion each time.

Thivus

05-10-2011

Quote:
Trititar:
just be glad that they havent come out with a 12600 yet

Don't give them any ideas

Quote:
slapmymeat:
I just wish they lowered the price on lower champions or something to kinda balance it. I don't really care otherwise

Ironically, last time they did that everyone whined and QQed(I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOBODY TOLD ME THE PRICES WOULD CHANGE LATER)

Xizeta

05-10-2011

13600 IP remaining. This is what happens when you play casually and only buy champions occasionally. Most of the new champions not only look bad, but are bad. There is no need to buy every champ produced. At least not as a casual player.

Zealot644

05-10-2011

Quote:
Zzphantom:
We don't need another thread on this topic. We also don't need your poor attitude. If you have an opinion on LoL's pricing scheme, please keep it respectable, and take it to a thread that's already been started.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=719861

There's my thread on LoL pricing. I'd love to hear your thoughts expressed there, in a nice, respectable manner.

So you are saying that I shouldnt bring up my concerns to the front page when I so choose to? Okay there.

Steelclad

05-10-2011

You know I wouldn't mind if all new champs were 6300 (less noobs fighting over in champ select) if older champions had their IP price reduced with every patch. I know it happened with Ryze, Malph and Morg but it seems they don't have an interest on doing it again soon.

Noble Tenshi

05-10-2011

You know... for my opinion. Ima realitivly new, been playing for about 3 to 4 weeks now, But you have to realize... you download and play this game for free, while Riot has a team of guys working to enhance the game even further. What do you think pays there wages ?. They even randomize the heros availible every week or 2. For seeing how powerful Vayne is, I expected her to be a 6300 ip unlockable.

When I first started playing I farmed up 6300 points because I wanted the Telekinese Blade Girl, Irelia. Frustrating sure, but was a relief when I got her.

But really, I dont think you should whinge over a free game. I think the only issue you should have is why some skins are more pricer then others ? Thats one thing I dont understand (example, why is Teemos bunny suit more expensive than others for a skin).

anyway my 2 cents.

Zealot644

05-10-2011

Quote:
ooberallen:
high IP costs make the cash option more attractive, riot needs money to pay it's employees etc... If you really want to play her that badly wait 2 weeks and try her on free week?

You sir, are an idiot. I DONT CARE if there is a 6300 champion here and there, but when EVERY SINGLE ONE is priced out like that despite promises to make lower cost champions I get pissed off and so should you.