This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oluldan

Senior Member

05-20-2011

Just keep it in the top


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shivos

Senior Member

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonpuncher View Post
Don't kid yourself: your post is being upvoted because everyone likes things to be cheaper. There is no "majority rules" vote for pricing. The free market competition allows choice and supply to influence price. If no one bought champions at 6300 IP (975 RP) Riot would reduce them. I don't blame you for wanting everything to cost less, but you have absolutely no right to demand a lower price, especially considering that the buying trends of their customer base essentially "demands" the current price.

Don't forget the money you're giving them is mostly used to make the game and expereince better.

In other words: I don't blame you for QQing, as long as you realize that's exactly what you're doing. You're whining because everything that costs money should be cheaper in your eyes. Try this mess at the grocery store and see how many upvotes you get homie.
HAHAHAHA "Don't forget the money you're giving them is mostly used to make the game and expereince better."

I'm still laughing! I left for 4 and half months, and i come back and the ONLY thing that's different? bunch of new champs and a different launcher LMAO. make the game experience better lololol! They are just lining their wallets, don't fool yourself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eledhan

Senior Member

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot644 View Post
Honestly, every two effing weeks you come out with a new champion. That's cool and all but the problem arises when you constantly price them for way more IP than I can god **** farm up in those 2 weeks. Sometimes I would like to be able to finish my rune page or get started on another, but I would also like to be able to play new champions too.
Re-read the OP just for you guys...

Notice the underlined statement....(emphasis mine)

That insinuates that the OP desires to be able to farm up the IP for each new champion every two weeks. Whether that is done by increasing IP gain or by releasing lower IP champs, the OP is forming a case to relieve him of this burden of difficulty in farming 6300 IP in 2 weeks...week in and week out.

Would I love it if Riot made that possible? OF COURSE!!! I would love to own every new champ for free when they are released!

However, that would be awfully STUPID of me to actually WANT that to happen.

The reason it would be STUPID is because I understand the basic principles of economics and business. Riot has to make a profit. PERIOD. Otherwise, we don't get to play the game we love so much as to make threads like these and argue about them for weeks on end.

Riot cannot make a profit unless they charge money for their services. They do this by encouraging those who MUST HAVE EVERY CHAMPION ON RELEASE DAY to spend RP in order to do so. For those who wish to pay nothing to Riot, they have provided a way to do that and still experience the wonderful joys of League of Legends.

If you have a problem with their methods, then I suggest you vote with your wallet, not with your mouth. Because unless you vote with your wallet, Riot WILL HAVE NO REASON TO LISTEN TO YOU.

__________________________________________________ __

There, I've said everything the ever really needed to be said to refute the OP, but, sadly; nobody here who is whining about IP prices will understand or care. Thus, as Dabba has been saying...Only children complain that they can't get things their way when they have no right to demand things their way... Well, children and stupid / self-entitled adults...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eledhan

Senior Member

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantol View Post
Trolls are out today!
That the best you got?

Calling someone a troll doesn't prove your point...whatever that may be...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eledhan

Senior Member

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo521 View Post
Releasing new camps at 6300 is fine with me, i get it, their new, they are exciting, everyone wants to buy/try them, riot's biggest chance to make money on them is when they are first released. That said, they need to lower prices on older champs, they are being released at 6300 and staying there, i think they should be 6300 for awhile, then drop to 4800/3150 in time.
Now, see?

This guy makes a great argument. Lowering the IP price a bit after release would address the underlying concept OP and others are complaining about.

Quote:
I buy RP and support riot, but the prices are too high, about $10 for every new champ. and about the same if you want a different skin.. expensive, and no change if your willing to wait out the 'new' craze to end, prices dont go down.
Awe, dang...

He was close, but not quite all the way there....

There's no such thing as too high a price for a new champ...the only thing that dictates price is fair market value. Unfortunately for all you who are whining in this thread, fair market value is determined by a willing buyer and a willing seller's agreement to transact a trade in resources...

If Riot has too few willing buyers to purchase their 975 RP champs, then guess what? They will be "forced" to lower the RP, OR, to raise the IP cost to encourage more buyers.....how is this so hard to comprehend?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eledhan

Senior Member

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivos View Post
They are just lining their wallets, don't fool yourself.
And you care....WHY????

So...let me get this straight...

It's okay for Riot to make the game, but they better not make money off of it?

Or if they do make money, they can't make "too much"? What the **** kind of philosophy is that?!?!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gabriel Calder

Senior Member

05-20-2011

Alright, I've figured it out.

LoL has to price gouge BECAUSE it's a F2P game. That's the only way an F2P game can survive without selling power, something Riot has said time and again they want to avoid.

So my beef isn't with Riot or LoL. It's with the F2P business model.

Why do I always pick the impossible battles?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SSkates

Junior Member

05-20-2011

This thread is full of people pointlessly regurgitating the same idea: "market value is dictated by supply and demand and it's the way it is because people are willing to buy".

The thing is, within the context of League of Legends, Riot represents the market. There are no outside sellers who can force Riot to change prices. The only champions that are available are made and sold by Riot. They hold a monopoly over the 'free' market. Since they will never be forced to lower the prices by the arrival of another seller in their game, the only ones that can (more or less) force a drop in prices are the customers. You spouting your useless lines that you heard in econ 101 won't change the fact that 2500+ people are unhappy with the way things are going and with Riot not respecting their promises, and it definitely doesn't help anyone, least of all you. You're wasting time and nobody here cares about your misinformed opinions.

If you honestly have nothing of value to contribute, go troll another thread.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vishas

Member

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivos View Post
HAHAHAHA "Don't forget the money you're giving them is mostly used to make the game and expereince better."

I'm still laughing! I left for 4 and half months, and i come back and the ONLY thing that's different? bunch of new champs and a different launcher LMAO. make the game experience better lololol! They are just lining their wallets, don't fool yourself.
New champions does make the gaming experience different. You have to adjust your gameplay to counter new champions every two weeks, plus if you buy them you get a new character to play. And seriously, if people were smart they wouldn't be paying 975 rp every two weeks.

How much IP do you think you can get in two weeks? Think about this, you can buy an IP boost for three days for what? 500rp? So say you have a nice quiet weekend with nothing important to do. How much IP do you think your going to make in 3 days with double? If you dont have that much time, you can buy a 10 win IP boost for about 600 RP.. If you win 1 game a day, just your first win for the day, with a 10 win IP boost, your going to get about 5000 IP in 10 days.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gabriel Calder

Senior Member

05-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSkates View Post
Since they will never be forced to lower the prices by the arrival of another seller in their game, the only ones that can (more or less) force a drop in prices are the customers.
THANK YOU. I've been trying to find a concise way to say that, you beat me to it. Just couldn't get my brain to spit it out.

EDIT: Reply #3000 get.