This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CheeseBurguer

05-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordain View Post
, and if I do, then it's the equivalent of a week and a half of playing the game, which I do anyway, and get the 6300 IP. People who buy champions with RP, that's your choice... Riot doesn't FORCE you to buy them with real money, it gives you the option to do it if you're too lazy.

As for the skins. I see them as a sort of donation. No matter how pretty they look, if you're mature enough, you realize that it's not worth spending money to make your character have a new look, it's just a game after all. It doesn't make you more pro, it doesn't add anything but aesthetics. I buy skins occasionally because I feel riot deserves 10$ from me for keeping the game free. It's like wikipedia - it's a free site with no advertisments but once every year they do a rally to get donations, otherwise the site couldn't stay online...

Well that's my two cents. Don't really see the point of this thread, the new champions coming out are not particularly interesting anyway... and if you want one of them, can't you just... wait?
Your using your own social life to justifie the pricing with out counting what alot of people have problems with.You can only get a 6300 champion by playing 24/7,not every1 has the time to do that,of course you can buy with real money but thatisnt very economical,not every1 will be a shoholic when i can buy a game like HoN for a fixed price will all the champions and content.Do you think thats financially good for you?Of course buying skin for the support for the company but how can i buy a skin if i dont have the champion?Besides skins are getting more expensive with every release.

Well those are my 3 cents(This 2 cents thing is getting anoying btw)

Elite Midget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flurry View Post
i would not even say im pissed because of the 6300 ip for every new champ but its just not doable atm, with the IP gaining changes which halfen your ip gain effectivly a casual gamer would only be able to buy a 6300 champ every second week. While this might even be ok for a FUN game with no ambition to become one of the big names in the competetive gaming scene, riot how ever has this ambition and u cant run a "competetive game" if ppl that want to go pro cant even afford the gaming content. So in order to go pro in this "free to play game" u need to pay, in the beginning u just needed to play a lot but now even that is not enough, i play ~5-6 games a day, winning 70% of them, still i have trouble getting 6300 ip every 2 weeks, while riot keeps dishing out 1 champion every week at 6300 ip. Not affordable.
If you're casual than why the hell would you want to compete with the best? If you don't have the time to play this game that much than you can't become competative anyway.

CheeseBurguer

05-16-2011

2000 replies in just 1 weak O_O

LiFTeDyourFACE

05-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OweeeTony View Post
Wow, very sneaky indeed, I didn't hear of that until now. Did she directly state it or was it a rumor?
Wait wut? Must find this thread...

SafetyX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2011

Dang... This thread went up 50 pages since I started reading it yesterday.

Flurry

05-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Midget View Post
If you're casual than why the hell would you want to compete with the best? If you don't have the time to play this game that much than you can't become competative anyway.
i was not talking about myself going pro. But about this game being a competetive game and with ppl playing in WCG it will attrackt more ppl that might want to go pro, but wont be able to because they cant unlock the gaming content even with playing 24/7

Egothrasher

05-16-2011

I would have to agree with the original poster about the ridiculous high prices on the champions/runes/rune pages. Lets draw a comparison to a normal PC game. On launch the average cost of a PC game is 59.99/49.99. Now, if LoL were to charge that for their game, as it it now, with all current champs and maps, the game would not make any money. Because at the moment, LoL is an unfinished product, and would do very badly in the market.

I compare the income from players buying RP as a steady monthly income for LoL. Now, the amount coming in, is no where near WoW's income, but their are vast differences between the two games. WoW as updates and expansion packs regularly, and has kept a huge player base since launch due to its massive content, even with a 15 (i dont know exact price) dollar per month surcharge.

I personally believe that for LoL to expand and evolve, they need to get away from this "free" model. Shut down the game for a while, fix all the bugs, decide on a set amount of champions and maps and re-release the game with a fixed price. As it stands, LoL has no chance against upcoming games in the same genre, ie DOTA 2.

I can say I would gladly pay 50 bucks for the game if all the champs were unlocked, and a set number of rune pages with whatever runes I choose, no need to buy. Now, they could still charge extra for skins to make more money on the side.

If LoL wanted to stay the free route, then I believe the game needs to be more open sourced. There is a huge player base, many with expertise in game design, character design etc.
Just look at this website: http://leaguecraft.com/skins
This whole website is nothing but custom skins for LoL champs, and honestly, they are better than the ones riot themselves create. Not only are the skins custom, so are the spell animations that go along with the champ.

I bet if riot allowed more input from their gamers, LoL would have new maps and a lot more diverse/interesting champions.

In summary, I believe riot should either lower their IP/fix RP ratios (how is paying the same RP for a 4300IP/6300IP hero?) or just make the game a fixed price.

Metadigital

05-16-2011

I'm sure they are aware of this thread and are not responding because, frankly, nothing can be gained by responding to it.

No game company will lower the prices of their micro transactions simply because the community wants it. Look at places like the Sims 3 forums. Since that game was released there have been threads demanding they lower their prices. Guess what EA hasn't done yet and guess whose making a killing on Sims 3 garbage. You guessed it.

Riot, though not the monster that EA is by any means, is in the same boat. They will ignore this thread. They will ignore a whole forum dedicated to this thread. meanwhile, people will still play LoL, spend money, and make Riot money. It's the sad truth.

Thought, as a consumer, I support the spirit of the thread, I'm under no illusions that Riot will do anything because of it. If they do anything, it won't be anything more than a big announcement that the next champion will only cost 3150 IP. Even if they do that, the forums will be covered in hate threads.

The only possibility I see is the eventual decrease in the IP costs of very old champions as profits start to decline on LoL.

Cordain

05-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseBurguer View Post
Your using your own social life to justifie the pricing with out counting what alot of people have problems with.You can only get a 6300 champion by playing 24/7,not every1 has the time to do that,of course you can buy with real money but thatisnt very economical,not every1 will be a shoholic when i can buy a game like HoN for a fixed price will all the champions and content.Do you think thats financially good for you?Of course buying skin for the support for the company but how can i buy a skin if i dont have the champion?Besides skins are getting more expensive with every release.

Well those are my 3 cents(This 2 cents thing is getting anoying btw)
Playing 24/7? So 3-4 games per day is 24/7 for you? That's how much I play, and I don't even win all of them. Skins are also set at their standard value, it's not like the 975 skins are being upped to 1350 rp or something...

Let me give you an example. I saved up IP for vayne for about a week and a half, I bought her when she came out, and after 6 days of normal gameplay (I'm playing in the night mostly, from 9pm to about 12) I have now got around 3.5k IP. By the time the next champion is released, I can either buy him/her or get a new runepage. That's 3 hours of gameplay per day. It's NOT 24/7.

If you're a casual gamer and play one game per day when you have time... then Riot gives you the free week champions to choose from. But if you want to be a competitive player, then you need to put some work into it, you need to farm the IP.

And if you're so unhappy with this game, then simply quit or learn to live with it. Play HoN, get bored, QQ on THEIR forums, come back to LoL. I'm sure it will be an educative experience.

CheeseBurguer

05-16-2011

bump