This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lockpwn

05-15-2011

Riot Read the posts on this thread, checkout the upvotes, LOWER THE COST OF CHAMPIONS!

Squeakums

05-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockpwn View Post
Riot Read the posts on this thread, checkout the upvotes, LOWER THE COST OF CHAMPIONS!
Riot is going to ignore this thread. It may have gotten almost 2,000 posts and almost 2100 upvotes in under a week, but they will pretend like it's not there.

DeityRod

05-15-2011

I agree with the "promises need to be kept" mentality of this thread, but there are a few things I don't quite agree with. Being able to "IP farm" for every new champ that comes out kills a large profit margin for a game that lacks an initial payment/monthly subscription. I do agree however that as time progresses and more champions are released, the older champs from launch etc... should be lowered to some extent, if not in IP price at least in RP price. Paying the same 975 for a champion that came out with the game as the new champions that come out today seems like it could use some adjustment, but I again that is merely an opinion without profit margins sitting in front of me haha...

Point is new things can't be lower priced or they wont make any money.

Old things can go down in price in order to sell them.

Fedips

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Vordrax

05-15-2011

I'm fine with the pricing. 6300 for some, 4800 for others. Is it annoying to not own every champion in the game? Partially. But the F2P economy is, by nature, driven by cost vs convenience.

If it were incredibly convenient to purchase and own everything you wanted, there would be less incentive to spend money.

Exzodium

05-15-2011

Bump.

Doomweaver

05-15-2011

I vote 7400 and higher champs should show up

Beatus

05-15-2011

Still waiting for a red response(sorry, RiotChris, but that Leblanc nonsense does not count).

Ryncwind

05-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
We're sorry the price for LeBlanc was accidentally raised - we would never do this in secret without an announcement on purpose - it just isn't how we operate. We'll be pro-actively issuing refunds on the difference to anyone who purchased LeBlanc at 6,300 (the script will probably run next week).

We also know there are complaints about Champion pricing in general and we have lowered prices on older Champions, and Rumble was not a 6,300 IP Champion.

We are currently working on getting access to the store backend to change the price to 3,150, but there is a temporary networking issue from the office at the moment.

We'll be updating this thread with the latest:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=745010

- RiotChris
4800 =/= 3150. It used to be a combination of 3150s and 6300s, now it's 6300s and 4800s. Don't kid yourself.

Jorgio The Swift

05-15-2011

/singed