This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gambuto

05-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseBurguer View Post
i can say the same for you using this reply
troll moar

Dabba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseBurguer View Post
Tell me:Would it hurt to release 3150 champions once on a while?They will still get money so i dont see problems with 3150 champions because it was working last year.Lowering too 1350 and 450 is a bit of a stretch but i dont see no harm towards 3150 champions
Honestly I could not tell you one way or another. Like everybody else in this thread I have no access to Riots detailed financial reports. I do know that even in the few games a day I play I can easily accumulate 3150 in two weeks, which means nobody is buying that 3150 with RP, which means any bi-monthly period they release a 3150 champion is basically 2 weeks in which they drastically cut their revenue.

From a business standpoint it wouldn't make much sense to do that when the market has proven that people will and do buy champs at the 4800 and 6300 price point. Doesn't mean they won't throw us a bone every now and then, but really why would they?

cortexson

05-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuBuz View Post
Get a Job...

If Riot doesn't make $ you don't get new characters, maps, items, skins, championships, support, less lag, less server downtime... I can go on...

in the 20 min it took you to write this stupid post you could have been working for $8 an hour at Taco Bell and made 30% of the cost of a new champ..

QQ!
tldr

mazran

05-15-2011

i spent about 100$+ on RP so far, and i can say i would definately like some alternatives to this LOOOOOONG IP grind... i grinded for rumble 3 weeks of all my spare time dedicated to LoL, just to get him. then again riots a business and they are free to do what they want. i just think it would be nice to have maybe a slightly less exausting IP grind. after i finaly got rumble i barely wanted to even play the game after that.

im a die hard fan though, ill support riot either way they go ill continue to spend RP

Gambuto

05-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuBuz View Post
Get a Job...

If Riot doesn't make $ you don't get new characters, maps, items, skins, championships, support, less lag, less server downtime... I can go on...

in the 20 min it took you to write this stupid post you could have been working for $8 an hour at Taco Bell and made 30% of the cost of a new champ..

QQ!
+1

Cheeseburger had an awesome theory bout this "working" thing people tend to do.

It went sorat like this;

- > more work = less effective time to play LoL = not worth 10 bucks a month in game

yet

-> less work = more time to play = Riot should lower prices because it would be "effective" to play.

awesome theory, you should check it out some pages back. it tottaly wraps this thread up.

Gambuto

05-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortexson View Post
tldr
aka I cant read

cortexson

05-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambuto View Post
aka I cant read
That is not ture sri, I pssaed the frist gadre

zBuBu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortexson View Post
tldr
Exactly.. Current players are to lazy to even read let alone get a job :P

CheeseBurguer

05-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabba View Post
Honestly I could not tell you one way or another. Like everybody else in this thread I have no access to Riots detailed financial reports. I do know that even in the few games a day I play I can easily accumulate 3150 in two weeks, which means nobody is buying that 3150 with RP, which means any bi-monthly period they release a 3150 champion is basically 2 weeks in which they drastically cut their revenue.

From a business standpoint it wouldn't make much sense to do that when the market has proven that people will and do buy champs at the 4800 and 6300 price point. Doesn't mean they won't throw us a bone every now and then, but really why would they?
So why doesnt Riot just say it?This thread has more then 100.000 views so why cant Riot respond by saying "This is our new business point".Of course me and alot of other will be butthurt but i will except it because Riot had the balls to say something.Been quiet just makes things unerving.I like LoL but these 6300-4800 champions streams is anoying but if Riot says thats the direction they are taking,fine ill except it because im expecting great stuffs from them like replays,magma chamber,clans,better servers,etc.Seriouslly the lacks of these stuffs and high priced champions just makes me abit upset with Riot.

Banath Kalkin

05-15-2011

bump still waiting for a reply, also i dont really think that the answer is here the next champ is 3.1k, cos if its followed by like 4 6.3k champs the whole point is lost (this was like karma, they trumpeted the release of her at a low price point followed up by a torrent of high priced champs) but yea gj on keeping the thread going =D