Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zealot644

05-10-2011

Quote:
littlebluesmurf:
sadly it's true. Riot is definitely starting to get greedy when they already have a huge income. Just look at caitlyn when she came out. She sucked and was still 6300ip.

qft

Vallric21

05-10-2011

people QQing over 5$...i throw more money then that into the firepit for fun just t watch it burn...

Kittoes

05-10-2011

Quote:
Zealot644:
And if I want to enjoy myself now after a long farming session I... Oh that's right, I just wait because of overpriced champions screwing me and others over.

I don't see how it screws you over though. You're not forced to buy every single new champion that comes out and I guarantee you that you don't find every single champion to be enjoyable to play. I didn't buy Jarvan or Nocturne because I wasn't terribly interested in their abilities but I absolutely had to have Rumble. Now I play A LOT of League and so I was able to amass 11k IP during the past two weeks quite easily but I probably won't be using it to buy Vayne.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that two weeks is plenty of time for you to earn 6300 IP if you play this game a decent amount. If you're extremely casual then I don't see why you need to have every single champ in the game anyways. But you could still realistically afford every other 6300 champ without putting in any more effort than you already do. If this is unacceptable to you then I would suggest you pony up the cash for RP to buy the champ.

The 6300 IP price point makes A LOT of sense. Regardless of champ awesomeness/difficulty they should all cost 6300 IP at initial release because otherwise you get posts like these about how "unfair" it is that Riot releases yet another champ at 6300. Older champ prices should decay over time down to a certain limit and Riot has already been doing this exact thing so I really don't see how you can justify your complaint.

Zeirnaton

05-10-2011

Quote:
Zealot644:
So by your logic you feel that it is acceptable to have to devote that much time of your life to farming IP if you want to play a champion? You arent fed up a little with having to farm and worry about having enough for the champion every time?

no I don't have to farm IP to play a champion because I own every single champion in this game. I like this game and play it a lot so naturally when patch time comes I have the IP to buy the champion regardless of the IP cost

Ahri s 9 Anuses

05-10-2011

Quote:
Uccisore:
Did it ever occur to you, Mr. Entitled, that the people who work at Riot need to do those things too? How the F*CK are they supposed to support themselves and support this game by handing over all the content for free to people who can't even be bothered to play the **** thing that much?

Yeah, you know ALL ABOUT how hard it is to part with money and fiscal responsibility when it's YOUR dime, but Riot is just supposed to HAND YOU new champions for an amount of ip a dedicated player can earn in 2-3 days, because everybody just LOVES to write code all ****ing day, right?

Just give it up and leave the thread man. We made the mistake of thinking this was a discussion thread when it was really just a prettied up QQ thread about someone not being able to have what he wanted right away.

Uccisore

05-10-2011

Quote:
Zealot644:
Maybe I want said champion but am sick of it always being the same play until my fingers bleed or cough up more of my hard earned money I should be spending on things such as food?

Then you should have not bought the LAST champion that you didn't really want, and then you'd have enough IP to buy this one. There's no ****ing way you were super excited about Vayne AND Rumble AND Brand AND Nocturne AND Lee Sin AND Jarvan. And if my some miracle you WERE super excited by the last bunch of champs in a row despite them all being completely different from each other, then how it is you aren't the type of person willing to put the time/money in to actually earn them?

Vallric21

05-10-2011

Qq 5$

Ahri s 9 Anuses

05-10-2011

Quote:
Zealot644:
You practically just summed up my post.

I shouldnt have to play like a madman to afford another overpriced champion every two weeks. Sometimes people need a break to just relax and spend the IP on other things.

You shouldn't need a new champion every two weeks. Why do you need a new champion every two weeks. What is wrong with you? I really want to know why you feel like you HAVE to HAVE the new champion every two weeks.

Kinias

05-10-2011

So you're complaining about a free game?

Just buy them with RP if you don't want to put forth the effort to save 6300 IP every 2 weeks.

Vallric21

05-10-2011

I bought the 50$ rp package just NOW because I can