This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sleepyj101

05-13-2011

The red post about pricing answered no questions... Shocking!

Saint Kaizz

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
We're sorry the price for LeBlanc was accidentally raised - we would never do this in secret without an announcement on purpose - it just isn't how we operate. We'll be pro-actively issuing refunds on the difference to anyone who purchased LeBlanc at 6,300 (the script will probably run next week).

We also know there are complaints about Champion pricing in general and we have lowered prices on older Champions, and Rumble was not a 6,300 IP Champion.

We are currently working on getting access to the store backend to change the price to 3,150, but there is a temporary networking issue from the office at the moment.

We'll be updating this thread with the latest:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=745010

- RiotChris
*cough* bull**** *cough*
don't care about the older champions that were like, 1350 and 3150, it's the 4800 and 6300 champs that aren't worth the IP that should be lowered -_-

Zealot644

05-13-2011

Bamp

RottingOnion

05-13-2011

1337 upvotes, NO MORE VOTING!

Squeakums

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundaime Kai View Post
*cough* bull**** *cough*
don't care about the older champions that were like, 1350 and 3150, it's the 4800 and 6300 champs that aren't worth the IP that should be lowered -_-
Nothing in the game already should be lowered at all. The new releases however should vary in price beyond 6300 and 4800.

Krom

05-13-2011

OP needs to realize this is the model all micro transaction games use.

They purposely make it difficult for people to access all of the games content. Unless they pay. And of course the price tag for accessing all the games content is astronomical.

They also tend to be pretty profitable.

Ex: Lets say you paid $30 for the digital pack at release. Then over the next year, you bought $10 of RP every two months. Bam, thats $90. Three times as much as what someone else payed for HON for example (same type of game).

I don't have a big problem with micro transaction models... except, and this is true for LOL despite all the protests made by developers, when that company sells power.

Rune pages = power.

IP boosts = power.

Champions = power.

Anyway, things weren't too bad, till they scored some investors. Investors want to see good returns, and they want to see them soon or else they pull their money out and put it to work someplace else.

The sad thing is, the influx of cash isn't really resulting in new, quality content. Sure you get new champs, which the community then has to balance and bug test for riot for several weeks. Honestly people aren't even sold a polished, finished product with new champs. Which is bull****.

Oh, and ugly t-shirts. We get t-shirts to buy now.

Beatus

05-13-2011

I'll just keep bumping this until a red gives us a decent reply. Oh, ****, I'll have to bump this forever...

red0231

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatus View Post
I'll just keep bumping this until a red gives us a decent reply. Oh, ****, I'll have to bump this forever...
No kidding...

PrinceCold

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

bump what

Calimdir

05-13-2011

I doubt anyone will read this, but what if for the first week or two a champion is available they can't be purchased with IP and then based on how many people buy the champ they are given a price. That way riot can still make money and people who don'y want to pay RP can still get the champ at a decent price, they just have to wait. :S