This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

galedia

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Thats how the initial 40 were priced

Currently they're priced at 6300 because..

3150 champs don't bring in as much revenue, its true, and Riot is a rapidly growing company trying to keep up with our demands, they need a LARGE revenue stream so that they can take risks.
Teemo would like to have a word with you!

Renegade Mugetsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

bump

Tizok

05-13-2011

As it's been said a million bajillion additional fake numbers times;

It's for the dolla dolla bill ya'll.
Gaming has become a very profitable business. As with most business that become very profitable a company is encouraged by investors to further increase said profit.
Recently this has become an excuse to nickel-and-dime the consumer.

A long time ago, if you worked hard, were innovative and provided a good product you could become successful. Over time companies have changed stances, no longer is "the customer always right", but
more along the lines of "how can we milk them for all they're worth."

Honest, respectful business is a thing of the past, just how those values are hardly relevant today.
As a society we don't ask ourselves to be better, we ask how we can be greater. Of course this could change if buyers simply refused to purchase at "unreasonable" rates or support bad business practices. I'd just be guessing but I doubt if we Riot released how much profit they make on each champion design we'd find any reason for them to stop.

T";DR

Your society is idiotic and immoral, thus leaders are too. Shepherds leading sheep off cliffs and the sheep are only ever so willing to follow.

TakinTheHeat

05-13-2011

Quote:
Thats how the initial 40 were priced

Currently they're priced at 6300 because..

3150 champs don't bring in as much revenue, its true, and Riot is a rapidly growing company trying to keep up with our demands, they need a LARGE revenue stream so that they can take risks.
They haven't taken any risks in a year.

How does HoN have so much more with so much less? I doubt HoN has half the amount of money LoL rakes in, yet they have 9000 game modes, everything you'd expect in a game of this generation(replays, observer mode, a decent ****ing client that doesnt lag so god **** bad) They have people who know what the hell they are doing. The only thing riot did right was make this game so addicting.

Motyapa

05-13-2011

Quote:
Riot is making apparently somewhere between around 25 million in raw revenue per a year.

Now consider that they have 100+ employees, plus they're paying for advertisement, plus they're sponsoring events like WCG, plus they're moving to a new office, plus they're always hiring new people, plus they're getting new equipment..

Yeah, that money goes away -fast- to cover the overhead.

They need the flexible revenue stream so that they can continue to hire.
They dont sponsor WCG
They're not moving into a new office
I doubt they have 100+ employees
New equipment? The servers have been the same for the last year that I've been here

Renegade Mugetsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

next tier champ will be 12600.

TakinTheHeat

05-13-2011

I'm more likely to be killed by a meteor before observer, replays, etc is released.

Shaella

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lamb View Post
more like you guys don't realized that they're nerfing old heroes in a slow fashion so ppl will buy the new hero or they can't win the game.
So, fun fact
Ashe is still the best ranged carry
Ryze is the best mage
Nunu is one of the best junglers
Amumu and alistar and singed are amazing tank champs
Janna is -the best- support
Zilean is a close second
TF is seeing huge high elo play..

What do all these extremely viable and powerful champs have in common?

Not one costs more than 1350

Enzio

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinTheHeat View Post
They haven't taken any risks in a year.

How does HoN have so much more with so much less? I doubt HoN has half the amount of money LoL rakes in, yet they have 9000 game modes, everything you'd expect in a game of this generation(replays, observer mode, a decent ****ing client that doesnt lag so god **** bad) They have people who know what the hell they are doing. The only thing riot did right was make this game so addicting.

HoN also has a large memory leak with their client.. And their "new" shop looks a lot like lol's, But that isn't the point Im not for or against one or the other, I play both Equally. But Riot should learn some things... Not have the $.$ face. You are going to make money period there are far too many lazy people they WILL continually buy stuff for Money not IP.

TakinTheHeat

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzio View Post
HoN also has a large memory leak with their client.. And their "new" shop looks a lot like lol's, But that isn't the point Im not for or against one or the other, I play both Equally. But Riot should learn some things... Not have the $.$ face. You are going to make money period there are far too many lazy people they WILL continually buy stuff for Money not IP.
They also released an awesome ingame guide system with their shop remake.