This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spartaan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

If nothing changes by DotA 2's release, kiss my ass goodbye Riot.

galedia

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmchan View Post
Is it Riot's fault they keep making awesome new champs that can't be worth 3k?
Cost is supposed to be decided upon by how difficult a champion is to play, according to Riot.

Vindrel

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Better than you do obviously

That 'Serious cash' was being distributed amongst the owners of Riot Games.

When Tencent bought x% of riot games, they were buying out those shareholders because they thought Riot would continue to produce a large profit and give them a large return on their investment over -several years or even decades- not immediately.
Is that not what I just said in the post you quoted?

It is obvious Riot is doing unbelievably well for someone to invest that much in a company that has one game to its name.

473 Mil is not chump change, and someone thought it would be a good idea to buy out that x%

Clearly you invest in companies that go no where, very good business procedure.

nomnombunny

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
and Rumble was not a 6,300 IP Champion.
well that makes everything ok then.

teranz

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmchan View Post
Is it Riot's fault they keep making awesome new champs that can't be worth 3k?
Simple answer, Yes.

Long answer, They have several older champs in the 3k range that are better/easier to own with. Most people just want the new shiny or have the dreaded "Gottacatchemallitis" which is really bad with most people who have a lot of champs as is.

So they keep making new champs, They could technically make EVERY champ 4k points. That would solve this "Pricepoint" problem. EVERY champ 975rp 4kip. Problem solved.

Shaella

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by galedia View Post
Cost is supposed to be decided upon by how difficult a champion is to play, according to Riot.
Thats how the initial 40 were priced

Currently they're priced at 6300 because..

3150 champs don't bring in as much revenue, its true, and Riot is a rapidly growing company trying to keep up with our demands, they need a LARGE revenue stream so that they can take risks.

Dabba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

Take over Shaella! I need a break. I can feel my IQ dropping trying to explain basic economics and common sense to this rabble.

Enzio

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by teranz View Post
EVERY champ 975rp 4kip. Problem solved.

This I could see. 4k is a little skimp, but maybe 5k good middle ground from the 4800 and the 6300. I would actually be impressed by this.

Little Lamb

05-13-2011

more like you guys don't realized that they're nerfing old heroes in a slow fashion so ppl will buy the new hero or they can't win the game.

Shaella

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindrel View Post
Is that not what I just said in the post you quoted?

It is obvious Riot is doing unbelievably well for someone to invest that much in a company that has one game to its name.

473 Mil is not chump change, and someone thought it would be a good idea to buy out that x%

Clearly you invest in companies that go no where, very good business procedure.
Riot is making apparently somewhere between around 25 million in raw revenue per a year.

Now consider that they have 100+ employees, plus they're paying for advertisement, plus they're sponsoring events like WCG, plus they're moving to a new office, plus they're always hiring new people, plus they're getting new equipment..

Yeah, that money goes away -fast- to cover the overhead.

They need the flexible revenue stream so that they can continue to hire.