Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knee Gro

05-13-2011

This thread is a great idea!!! As soon as Im done here I'm going to head over to Porshe's website and complain about how they keep releasing cars i can't afford as well.

CheeseBurguer

05-13-2011

Quote:
Dabba:
Since you apparently have access to Riots detailed financial data, would you mind sharing it with the rest of us? Oh this is baseless and uninformed speculation on your part? Nevermind.

Yeah I would totally reward people that treated me like this unruly mob of children treats Riot.

Totally.

-.-

SO your saying that Riot was having financial problems back then?Is comon sence obviouslly they were fine financially and guess what?Tenence just invest with them so whats the excuse for these high prices?

Shaella

05-13-2011

Quote:
Vindrel:
Oh, you mean people getting upset that Riot won't throw them a bone?
Because Riot is obviously releasing such expensive champs and nerfing the IP farm so people would be either start playing 5 hours a day or buy the new champs if they actually wanted it?

Oh and take a look at this
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2379503,00.asp

473 million
THEY SURE ARE HURTING FOR MONEY.

You realize that money was given to the shareholders of the company who sold it to Tencent, not to Riot.

You do understand how businesses work, right?

jaybee

Recruiter

05-13-2011

just cause

Bump

Vindrel

05-13-2011

Quote:
Shaella:
You realize that money was given to the shareholders of the company who sold it to Tencent, not to Riot.

You do understand how businesses work, right?

You realize someone wouldn't make that much of an investment in a company unless they were turning out serious cash.

You know how businesses and investing works...right?

Dabba

05-13-2011

Quote:
Vindrel:
Because Riot is obviously releasing such expensive champs and nerfing the IP farm so people would be either start playing 5 hours a day or buy the new champs if they actually wanted it?

473 million

Ok, great, they are making money. That is what successful businesses do.

Do you also have detailed info on how much they are spending? Salaries for executives, designers, customer relations, marketing, server costs, maintenance costs, office space, taxes?

I didn't think so. Revenue =/= profit.

Quote:
CheeseBurguer:
SO your saying that Riot was having financial problems back then?Is comon sence obviouslly they were fine financially and guess what?Tenence just invest with them so whats the excuse for these high prices?

No I am saying that none of us know the specifics of their financial situation, so we should stop pretending we do. Bottom line is they exist to make money. That is what businesses do. They are not a charity to feed your gaming fix. Nobody is forcing you to play LoL or buy their product. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out if you don't like it.

Welcome to the real world... and please stop blowing my mind with your well thought out and constructed arguments.

-.-

StudShogun

05-13-2011

Ok, for the "Defending cause it's free" issue, does it look like anytime soon Riot would say anything along the lines of "Your right, we should make EVERYTHING FREE!"

All of you need to learn about supply and demand. Riot supplies extra services, aside from their video game, and all they ask is that you work for it?

For christ's sake, they give you the champions for free still, and you have to complain about the price (which doesn't carry any real monetary value) so that you can have all of the champs?

Think about this. Embrace it. Live it!
(that didnt make sense, but i dont really care)

QQ Moar, again.

galedia

05-13-2011

Quote:
Vindrel:

473 million

You're completely wrong in assuming they actually have $473 mill to use and spend, however they aren't hurting for money.

http://www.businessinsider.com/digital-100#51-riot-games-51

Shaella

05-13-2011

Quote:
Vindrel:
You realize someone wouldn't make that much of an investment in a company unless they were turning out serious cash.

You know how businesses and investing works...right?

Better than you do obviously

That 'Serious cash' was being distributed amongst the owners of Riot Games.

When Tencent bought x% of riot games, they were buying out those shareholders because they thought Riot would continue to produce a large profit and give them a large return on their investment over -several years or even decades- not immediately.

VALOUR THE HERO

05-13-2011

Is it Riot's fault they keep making awesome new champs that can't be worth 3k?