This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XeltarX

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Price Reductions!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CheeseBurguer

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perofain View Post
Listen man, if you don't want to pay the price, don't get the product. Yeah LOL is a free game, but they have to make money somehow. If you don't want to pay actual money, go skinless, easy. As for the champion purchase, do you really need to own every single one? I mean, like, get over your big bad self man. It costs what it costs, and crying about it won't change it at all. In fact, your only creating a hate wagon when you do. So, do what everyone else does. Wait for the champ you want in free week, try him/her, then use IP to get them if you like them. That's it. It's easy.

Complaining about this is like complaining about the new Chevy trucks every year. They keep coming out, but i can't afford ALL of them, so I will just rage til they make them all affordable. Where instead, it should be. "Huh, well, this one handles better, and has better mpg, this must be the right choice."

So yes QQ moar.
Riot was making money fine last year with 3150 champions and skins ,so your point is invalid because making expensive champions priced lower wont hurt there wallet


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vindrel

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perofain View Post
Listen man, if you don't want to pay the price, don't get the product. Yeah LOL is a free game, but they have to make money somehow. If you don't want to pay actual money, go skinless, easy. As for the champion purchase, do you really need to own every single one? I mean, like, get over your big bad self man. It costs what it costs, and crying about it won't change it at all. In fact, your only creating a hate wagon when you do. So, do what everyone else does. Wait for the champ you want in free week, try him/her, then use IP to get them if you like them. That's it. It's easy.

Complaining about this is like complaining about the new Chevy trucks every year. They keep coming out, but i can't afford ALL of them, so I will just rage til they make them all affordable. Where instead, it should be. "Huh, well, this one handles better, and has better mpg, this must be the right choice."

So yes QQ moar.
You are the reason free game pricing sucks so much, you use the "free" excuse for a company getting away with exorbitant fees.

I bet you would be defending Riot if they started releasing 9800 IP.

BUT GUISE THEY NEED MONEY YOU CAN GET IT FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Quite frankly Riot is incredibly successful as a company and can afford TO THROW A US A FRIGGEN BONE every now and then.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loerka

Senior Member

05-13-2011

I agree, cause i cant play alot so farm IP is REALLY long for me so reduce IP cost of new champions would be nice


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exzodium

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Bump.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dabba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseBurguer View Post
Riot was making money fine last yaer with 3150 champions and skins ,so your point is invalid because making expensive champions priced lower wont hurt there wallet
Since you apparently have access to Riots detailed financial data, would you mind sharing it with the rest of us? Oh this is baseless and uninformed speculation on your part? Nevermind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindrel View Post
Quite frankly Riot is incredibly successful as a company and can afford TO THROW A US A FRIGGEN BONE every now and then.
Yeah I would totally reward people that treated me like this unruly mob of children treats Riot.

Totally.

-.-


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

05-13-2011

I just read a post that said champions in this game are as vital as gas.

I have lost all hope for the human race.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daun007

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
We're sorry the price for LeBlanc was accidentally raised - we would never do this in secret without an announcement on purpose - it just isn't how we operate. We'll be pro-actively issuing refunds on the difference to anyone who purchased LeBlanc at 6,300 (the script will probably run next week).

We also know there are complaints about Champion pricing in general and we have lowered prices on older Champions, and Rumble was not a 6,300 IP Champion.

We are currently working on getting access to the store backend to change the price to 3,150, but there is a temporary networking issue from the office at the moment.

We'll be updating this thread with the latest:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=745010

- RiotChris
How do you accidentally raise the price of a champ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daun007 View Post
How do you accidentally raise the price of a champ?
Programming is hard, weird stuff happens sometimes
Nuff said.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vindrel

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabba View Post
Since you apparently have access to Riots detailed financial data, would you mind sharing it with the rest of us? Oh this is baseless and uninformed speculation on your part? Nevermind.



Yeah I would totally reward people that treated me like this unruly mob of children treats Riot.

Totally.

-.-
Oh, you mean people getting upset that Riot won't throw them a bone?
Because Riot is obviously releasing such expensive champs and nerfing the IP farm so people would be either start playing 5 hours a day or buy the new champs if they actually wanted it?

Oh and take a look at this
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2379503,00.asp

473 million
THEY SURE ARE HURTING FOR MONEY.