Breakthrough for Colorblind Fixes!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zombiemold

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

So, my girlfriend has "issues with colors" (She refuses to be labeled as color blind :P) so, naturally, I have had keen interest in Razieh's color blind fixes and such, and my girlfriend has had it installed for some time; Everything has been great.

The new patcher however took a step back for model edits, and I have been working on a way to re-implement the entirety of Razieh's Colours mod, and I have made some great strides.

Most people have already figured out how to change the colors via Game.cfg, and adding their healthabrs.tga to the game, but I wanted to go farther than that for better compatibility.

Iv'e learned how to modify, and change healthbars in any way I'd like, using correctly tuned alpha channels, and I have already made a new health bar set based on the brand new health bars introduced in the Vayne patch, and matching them to the colors of the original Razieh's colours mod.

From what I understand, ever since Riot added the ability to see Shields within health bars, they made a major change to healthbars.tga, in that the health bars built in require that there is no color, so the game can change the color of the bar to match the amount of health and shield one has.

I can get the health bars to appear in game perfectly, but shields don't work correctly. I can get the shields to work, but then the bar loses the custom color... and reverts back to the generic green (The health bar frames retain their color, this is all effected by the alpha channel)

TL;DR
What I need to make the perfect color blind patch, is for someone to figure out how the game changes the colors of the health bars (to incorporate shields etc)

I assume that there is some sort of .cfg file that manages the colors (Or so I hope) but I can't seem to find it.

Once I can get this all figured out, I will definitely work closely with Razieh (If they are even still active) to get the colours patch updated.

I will post some pictures to help with the explanation if needed.

razieh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

I check the forums every so often I hardly play anymore though seeing as well, I cant really tell whats going on.

Zombiemold

05-10-2011

Your patch works mostly, just requires a few small modifications. The updated structure and what not. When I perfect it, I'll send it over for you to take a look. Maybe you can get back into it

ddul2

05-10-2011

Can i ask u a question? I really need help.
After 1.0.0.118patch, I can't find healthbar.tga but I find ChampionHealthBarFrame.dds and healthbarsPlayer.dds
Which file I have to modify now?
How did you change healthbar color after patch?

I am sry for my poor Eng. it's not my first language. Thank you.

Zarigis

05-10-2011

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_game_client\filearchives \0.0.0.30

It's in those archives. See my post here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=718100&page=2

Zombiemold

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarigis View Post
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_game_client\filearchives \0.0.0.30

It's in those archives. See my post here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=718100&page=2

Yeah that's the location for the brand new health bars. All Health bar edits must be done at this location (For now)

I still don't know where the color code comes in for the health bars though... Prolly something hard-coded that I can't manipulate.

Zarigis

05-10-2011

Zombiemold, could you post some screens to explain what you mean? I applied the health bar patch right away so I'm not sure how the new ones are supposed to work. Since overwriting the health bars seems to work, I'm guessing the color information is stored -somewhere- in the TGA.

Edit: Okay, I think the solution is to make the "emboss" effect part translucent such that when combined with green it changes to the desired color.

Edit: Give this a try: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J4JWQEH0

Abidal

05-10-2011

Can Riot please look at this... I mean honestly its not nice for people to play the game with such handicaps... I mean seriously I am colorblind... and i don't see the difference between the blue minions and purple minions, so I have to put my mouse on the minion to check if the cursor turns into a sword or not. Or when I see a pantheon ult, I have to ask my friend if its with us or against us (the normal with 2 pantheons)... Riot PLEASE look at this... and PLEASE just do some minor changes....

Zombiemold

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarigis View Post
Zombiemold, could you post some screens to explain what you mean? I applied the health bar patch right away so I'm not sure how the new ones are supposed to work. Since overwriting the health bars seems to work, I'm guessing the color information is stored -somewhere- in the TGA.

Edit: Okay, I think the solution is to make the "emboss" effect part translucent such that when combined with green it changes to the desired color.

Edit: Give this a try: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J4JWQEH0
That definitely worked. How did you do it? I can see shields, and my health bar is definitely a new color. Did you only change the health bar image? or was another change necessary?

Zarigis

05-24-2011

The only change I made was making the entirely transparent emboss effect translucent, so that when combined with green it gets the desired effect. Underneath the transparent bar is the real green health bar, that changes to a lighter green when showing shields, so when combined with the transparent effect it's a lighter version of the desired color.

So no, I didn't do anything except for edit healthbars.tga.