Vayne vs. Caitlyn

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icegoten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

So now it just seems like there is no reason at all to pick caitlyn when Vayne's damage output looks so much better. I see they put Vayne + Free Caitlyn out on the same week and I'm sure they had a reason to do this. There is no way they would release a champion that just makes another one obsolete.

Vayne has a bonus damage skill for every 3 auto attacks or can use a skill combo to do it quicker. Caitlyn has a bonus damage skill for every 8 auto attacks or every 4 if she attacks from a bush.

Vayne gets a speed boost for chasing when chasing. Caitlyn has her net which is going to knock her back making you decide to either net the opponent to slow them down or use the knock back just to get closer.

Vayne can knock the enemy back and get a silver bullet count for bonus damage as well as stun if hit into a wall while doing damage itself (Not sure about the stun duration). Caitlyn has a visible trap that will stun for 1.5 seconds and has some bonus magic damage.

Vayne gets a buff to chase and do attack damage as an ult. Caitlyn has the ability to snipe someone at a long range but it can easily be blocked by another opponent.

So does anyone know the benefits to picking Caitlyn over Vayne?

Mugz

05-10-2011

Playstyle, personal interest, personal investment, ability to play Cait.

For future generations, possibly not so much.

MrCheaterPants

05-10-2011

more range
a slow
can jump through walls
more stuns

The caitlyn in the livestream wasn't using her traps correctly.

Ultramerican

05-10-2011

Traps
Traps
Traps
Traps
Traps
Range
Traps
Traps
Traps
Range
Traps

Bolby

05-10-2011

Cait has a skillshot, Vayne has none. Vayne does true damage, and has similar escapability to Cait. For the most part Vayne does damage without any real items, I would choose her but its preference.

Alithalor

05-10-2011

That's like comparing Ire to Kat and saying one makes the other useless...

Onimusha542

05-10-2011

I just played with Vayne all I can say is she is hella squishy. You have to be on top of your game a lot more than Cait since you need to excel at taking down one person and one person only. Cait can at least stay back and and do a lot of damage and use her ulti on people running away.

Kersh

05-10-2011

There was never a reason to pick Caitlyn before Vayne.

Hoofster

05-10-2011

You just explained how they're 2 completely different champs with different skills and different roles.

Adaelphon Delat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-10-2011

Caitlyn can charge up her passive on minions, vayne needs to hit the same guy 3 times. Caitlyn has a nuke for an ulti with incredible range. Blockable, but when it works it works. She has a skillshot that can potentially hit all 5 champs, or decimate a minion swarm. Traps provide her with utility and cc. The net jumps over walls. Vayne looks like shes better for solo queue, but Cait is more like Ashe, where she will excell with a coordinated team.

12345 ... 6