Champion Spotlight: Vayne, the Night Hunter

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XoPandaBearX

05-09-2011

On may 10, is when she come out's and so is my birthday...

Whyteb0i

05-09-2011

Riot sure is bent on making Champions to charge into melee combat (Rumble/ Vayne)

kHRYSTEq

05-09-2011

Wow , new Tf skin. How about lost and forgotten magnificent one remaster ? :<

Zephalon

05-09-2011

Nice end note...

Tobeyeus

05-09-2011

So from watching the Live Preview I have noticed that she is doing exactly what Riot is changing (nerfing) on Nocturne. The recent Patch Preview talks about how Nocturne is having his Q and R reduced because Nocturne can do a lot of damage without needing to take items that increase his damage. This allows him to take tanky items and boost his survivability which Riot does not want. So how is it justified that Vayne can be built with only Trinity Force and Mandred's Bloodrazor and still do insane amounts of damage? This means she is free to take Banshee's Veil, Quicksilver Sash and Guardian Angel. (Boots obviously included as the 6th item)

On top of that Phreak showed that Crit Runes and Attack Damage runes aren't even needed. She only needs Armor Pen and Attack Speed and really the attack speed can be switched to Armor runes. Thus giving Vayne a ton of survivability through runes and items and still dishing out a ton of damage. Essentially she only needs 60 (30 from Bloodrazor and 30 from Trinity Force) attack power from items in order to do TONS of damage. While getting a item with Cleanse, another with Revive and a 3rd that adds the best damage reduction in the game. And if she is doing really well and doesn't need the added survival via say Quicksilver Sash and/or Guardian Angel she can then take actual damage items and increase her already insane damage even further.

I think in terms of concept and gameplay she is the most amazing champion released so far, but I also think she is able to do way too much damage early game for such little investment via Sheen (1260 gold). And too much damage without having to actually purchase damage items.

Magicapples

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobeyeus View Post
So from watching the Live Preview I have noticed that she is doing exactly what Riot is changing (nerfing) on Nocturne. The recent Patch Preview talks about how Nocturne is having his Q and R reduced because Nocturne can do a lot of damage without needing to take items that increase his damage. This allows him to take tanky items and boost his survivability which Riot does not want. So how is it justified that Vayne can be built with only Trinity Force and Mandred's Bloodrazor and still do insane amounts of damage? This means she is free to take Banshee's Veil, Quicksilver Sash and Guardian Angel. (Boots obviously included as the 6th item)

On top of that Phreak showed that Crit Runes and Attack Damage runes aren't even needed. She only needs Armor Pen and Attack Speed and really the attack speed can be switched to Armor runes. Thus giving Vayne a ton of survivability through runes and items and still dishing out a ton of damage. Essentially she only needs 60 (30 from Bloodrazor and 30 from Trinity Force) attack power from items in order to do TONS of damage. While getting a item with Cleanse, another with Revive and a 3rd that adds the best damage reduction in the game. And if she is doing really well and doesn't need the added survival via say Quicksilver Sash and/or Guardian Angel she can then take actual damage items and increase her already insane damage even further.

I think in terms of concept and gameplay she is the most amazing champion released so far, but I also think she is able to do way too much damage early game for such little investment via Sheen (1260 gold). And too much damage without having to actually purchase damage items.
get with the times. nocturne is old hat. vayne is the future!

Tittyflappycakes

05-09-2011

she seems to do a ton of damage, but at the same time looks like 1 stun to her and shes dead instantly...

LyraHeartstrings

05-09-2011

barrel roll barrel roll

Shone the killer

05-09-2011

i would like to see her fights me as jarvan

Chronopie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2011

Cowboy TF

Ninja Rammus

The new gladiator Jax skin

The new Safari Caitlyn skin

Did I miss any skins?