has anyone noticed that....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sleepyface

05-09-2011

many, if not most, of all League champions are psycho's, serial killers, or otherwise borderline insane who if they were living in our real world, they would be in serious need of psychological therapy?

SodaHappy

Recruiter

05-09-2011

Yes.

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

05-09-2011

I don't see it.

Shadow Chorus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2011

Psychopaths/Maniacs in the league:
Brand
Casseiopeia
Cho'Gath
Dr. Mundo
Evelynn
Fiddlesticks
Gangplank
Katarina
Kog'Maw
LeBlanc
Malzahar
Maokai
Miss Fortune (Sort of. she's questionable in her mental health.)
Mordekaiser
Morgana
Nocturne
Nidalee (she lives with Cougars)
Nunu (he lives with yetis)
Renekton
Shaco
Singed
Sion
Swain
Teemo (read his lore. He's friggin scary.)
Twitch
Urgot
Udyr
Veigar
Vladimir
Warwick

Non-crazy champs:
Akali
Alistar
Amumu
Anivia
Annie
Ashe
Blitzcrank
Caitlyn
Corki
Galio
Garen (this is a fine line, with his constant DEMACIAAA!)
Gragas (Typical drunkard)
Heimerdinger
Irelia
Janna
Jarvan
Jax
Karthus (he honestly just seems Cynical rather than crazy.)
Kassadin
Kayle
Kennen (hyperactive, but not a whackjob)
Lee Sin
Lux
Malphite
Master Yi
Nasus
Olaf
Pantheon (Both Olaf and Pantheon are on a fine line. They're more like Fight Club members.)
Poppy
Rammus (Quiet introvert)
Rumble (wants attention)
Ryze
Shen
Sivir
Sona
Soraka
Taric
Tristana
Trundle
Tryndamere (this one is a VEEEEERY big maybe)
Twisted Fate
Zilean

Lots of crazy champs? I've got no idea what you mean

*Shifty eyes galore*

belthazor3457

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dArKh3arT View Post
many, if not most, of all League champions are psycho's, serial killers, or otherwise borderline insane who if they were living in our real world, they would be in serious need of psychological therapy?
What real world are you speaking of? present-day, where one nation has the bulk of the military power and weapons that can wipe away all life on the planet's surface, thus forcing military cooperation from the various major military powers, forcing war to be waged by information, terrorism, and economic / financial attacks?

Would you like to take a guess at how life was here on Earth hundreds to thousands of years ago? How much killing and brutality do you think there really was in reality? For that matter, how much killing and brutality do you think happens in the middle east and certain areas of africa, present-day?

You're confusing "living on earth" with "living in present day, in america"

If they were living in america or england or another "socially" developed country, they'd be locked in a mental health institute. But put them in certain areas of the middle east or africa, governments will happily let them kill random people if they deem their services valuable enough. Merciless bloodshed happens all the time "in reality", it's just penalized in the area you -happen- to -coincidentially- live in. There are some much more vile, sadistic men in the world we live in than the champions displayed by the league of legends.

In certain countries of the world, they'd be viewed as in need of mental healthcare. In other countries of the world, they'd be viewed as any ordinary person who has a need that needs satisfying, just like eating or drinking, and their skills / services are well worth the costs, so it's not a big deal.

I'm familiar with some of the darker aspects of the world we live in, and to be perfectly honest, if Katarina were suddenly here on earth, I would happily go on a few dates with her and get to know her better and see if a relationship sprouted. That's not something that intimidates me.

I might even be friends with Vladimir. Vladimir's lore even shows him as a guy who feels a need to kill and went out of his way to find a more socially acceptable method of keeping his need in check. According to the worldwide average and standards of the "real world" we live in, (not just the standards of these select few "socially developed" nations) that makes him a rock-solid good fellow. Maybe I'd point him in the direction of people who were otherwise sentenced to execution so he doesn't have to kill anyone who's innocent.

Picture it, me sitting with Vladimir, Katarina, Morgana, all going on a double-date (me with Kat, Vlad with Morg, I think they'd make a cute couple with all their vampiric needs).

Got it pictured? Now picture us sitting in a living room playing Monopoly. Or playing Risk. Yup, picture a boardgame.

Now picture Morgana setting up the monopoly money for us, not being able to find that last ten she needs for a fair stack, and angrily incinerating one of the decks.

Morgana: WHERE IS THAT TEN!! I KNOW IT'S HERE SOMEWHERE!

Belthazor: Did you check under the-

Morgana: IT'S NOT THERE!

Belthazor: Do you want to just play risk instead?

Morgana: NO!! WE'RE GOING TO PLAY MONOPOLY RIGHT AFTER I FIND ENOUGH MONEY TO START US ALL AT 500 DOLLARS!

Belthazor: But, you are the one who voted to play risk, all three of us voted for monopoly. You don't even like monopoly.

Morgana: IT'S A MATTER OF PRINCIPLE NOW!

Vladimir: Excuse her, she was baking earlier and burnt her cookies. She hasn't had any chocolate today.

Morgana: SHUT UP VLADIMIR!

Katarina: It's okay, just be patient guys.

Vladimir: Ok, I need a drink.

Belthazor: I picked up some blood packs from the hospital for you earlier. They're in the fridge, top shelf.

Vladimir: Thanks.

Vladimir: <goes to the kitchen>

Vladimir <yelling> Want anything?

Belthazor: Chocolate milk!

Morgana: <breaks a lamp>

Morgana: WHERE IS IT!?! WHERE!?!

Belthazor: <yelling to Vladimir> ...make it a beer for me instead.

Katarina: It's got to be around here somewhere, Morgana.

Katarina: <smiles at Belthazor, holding the ten behind her back, looking innocent>

Belthazor: <glares at Katarina>

Katarina: <frowns at Belthazor>

Belthazor: <folds his arms>

Katarina: <innocently stands up and walks across the room>

Katarina: Did you check under the sofa?

Morgana: What? No.. but why..

Morgana: <discovers the ten under the sofa>

Morgana: HAH! I FOUND IT!! I FOUND IT!! We can play now..

Vladimir: <comes back into the room with beer in one hand, and a blood pack with a bendy-straw in it in the other hand>

Vladimir: Okay. So the pieces. I want the puppy. I always get the puppy!

Morgana: NO!! IT'S MINE!!

Vladimir: But you don't even like the puppy...

Morgana: MINE!

Vladimir: <sad face>

Raseven

05-09-2011

You listed Annie as mentally stable? Really? She's a creepy pyromaniac 11-year-old.

Dracorya

05-09-2011

I think you need to look up the term Psychopath. You're using it incorrectly.

Keiji Cupcakes

05-10-2011

Actually, I wouldn't say annie is crazy, I think she and we are both misunderstanding things in a sense.

Her Parents are mages who, in themselves, would probably be bad ass Champs. She lived in a colony where survival and union are everything, and she is amazingly gifted. She was praised for her natural affinity for fire magic, which is apparently super rare. (ONLY TWO CHAMPIONS? AND ONE IS NEW?!? REALLY RIOT, REALLY?!?) This was most likely constant, so she "learned" that the more dangerous and powerful and menacing she was with her magic abilities, the more she'd get praised. She grew up with this, and it became a part of her. She's not crazy, or a Arsonist, she just thinks that acting the way she does will earn her love and praise, which would be the same for any child.

Ruahi

05-11-2011

i would jion the ranks of mordekaiser in a heartbeat if he was in the real world. just imagine fighting alongside the man (or beast) who is under that shell of armour. I would even make armour of my own and a weapon to boot if it meant i could fight with him/ for him. all will fall under his mighty mace/axe (depending on skin)

Shadow Chorus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

Yeah, annie's not crazy. She's childish, and gifted with fire magic. She's actually very sweet from her voice dialog and her lore. She's actually a hippy, coming from her background story. And I added the /maniac in there because while everyone on that list is crazy, they don't quite fall under psychosis.