Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Welcome to-" YES I GET IT ALREADY

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

proXc

05-09-2011

That voice in the start, "Welcome to summoner's rift", is getting HIGHLY annoying now.
I would like to suggest to you Riot, making an additional quote for every one of the champions. A random champion's voice will then say, "Welcome to summoner's rift".
You could add flavor to it even:
"Welcome, to summoner's rift... do you feel...a chill?" - Karthus
And it wouldn't require you to create new phrases even.

Sokii

05-09-2011

Would like that change. : D

Knockback

05-10-2011

It's last like 2 seconds :\

Or turn your sound off until you know it's finished.

FlyOVERME

Recruiter

05-10-2011

ya it would be cool i support this!

Ludak021

05-11-2011

what's the point of that sound after finishing tutorial? Why do we actually need that welcome message every game? It's synthetic, pre-generated, meaningless (as in - no one actually welcomes you), could be annoying to some, and oh yes, it sounds like I just bought a barbie doll and are going to play with it. (IMO, all the ANNOUNCER sounds in LoL are too childish and are more suited to some lego game then a 5v5 slaughter).
I feel more welcomed when the team says gl hf, it holds more merit to it...

compare it to these announcer sounds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkL0UNV5wgI&feature=related

proXc

05-11-2011

Quote:
Ludak021:
what's the point of that sound after finishing tutorial? Why do we actually need that welcome message every game? It's synthetic, pre-generated, meaningless (as in - no one actually welcomes you), could be annoying to some, and oh yes, it sounds like I just bought a barbie doll and are going to play with it. (IMO, all the ANNOUNCER sounds in LoL are too childish and are more suited to some lego game then a 5v5 slaughter).
I feel more welcomed when the team says gl hf, it holds more merit to it...

compare it to these announcer sounds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkL0UNV5wgI&feature=related

You understand me fully dude. It's not that they mustn't play the welcome sound at all, but it would be nice if it at least changes sometimes. I don't want to hear that woman's voice ALL the time.
How awesome would it be if they just chopped out pieces of champion's voices?
I mean check this:
"Welcome to Summoner's Rift, let's make this fun." - Warwick voice
P.S. It might be Renekton that says "Let's make this fun".

Sokii

05-11-2011

How awesome would it be if they just chopped out pieces of champion's voices?
I mean check this:
"Welcome to Summoner's Rift, let's make this fun." - Warwick voice
P.S. It might be Renekton that says "Let's make this fun".[/QUOTE]

That would be very nice and actually not cost them anything or more time for new sounds.

proXc

05-12-2011

Welcome to summoner's BUMP!

Smallbluedot

05-16-2011

Why? It seems gimmicky to me, and I'm naturally suspicious of gimmicks like that. Is there any point, other than baiting player's curiosity to make them play a little longer than they would? I don't see the purpose in it, since it doesn't seem likely to retain any more people than not doing it. I for one would rather see more new stuff to enhance and evolve gameplay, and writing a script to do this would take away from manpower and worktime towards that.

proXc

05-23-2011

K. Choose your favorite song of all time. Listen to it over and over 100 times in a row. Is it your favorite song now?