"Welcome to-" YES I GET IT ALREADY

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

proXc

05-09-2011

That voice in the start, "Welcome to summoner's rift", is getting HIGHLY annoying now.
I would like to suggest to you Riot, making an additional quote for every one of the champions. A random champion's voice will then say, "Welcome to summoner's rift".
You could add flavor to it even:
"Welcome, to summoner's rift... do you feel...a chill?" - Karthus
And it wouldn't require you to create new phrases even.

Sokii

05-09-2011

Would like that change. : D

Knockback

05-10-2011

It's last like 2 seconds :\

Or turn your sound off until you know it's finished.

FlyOVERME

Recruiter

05-10-2011

ya it would be cool i support this!

Ludak021

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

what's the point of that sound after finishing tutorial? Why do we actually need that welcome message every game? It's synthetic, pre-generated, meaningless (as in - no one actually welcomes you), could be annoying to some, and oh yes, it sounds like I just bought a barbie doll and are going to play with it. (IMO, all the ANNOUNCER sounds in LoL are too childish and are more suited to some lego game then a 5v5 slaughter).
I feel more welcomed when the team says gl hf, it holds more merit to it...

compare it to these announcer sounds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkL0U...eature=related

proXc

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludak021 View Post
what's the point of that sound after finishing tutorial? Why do we actually need that welcome message every game? It's synthetic, pre-generated, meaningless (as in - no one actually welcomes you), could be annoying to some, and oh yes, it sounds like I just bought a barbie doll and are going to play with it. (IMO, all the ANNOUNCER sounds in LoL are too childish and are more suited to some lego game then a 5v5 slaughter).
I feel more welcomed when the team says gl hf, it holds more merit to it...

compare it to these announcer sounds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkL0U...eature=related
You understand me fully dude. It's not that they mustn't play the welcome sound at all, but it would be nice if it at least changes sometimes. I don't want to hear that woman's voice ALL the time.
How awesome would it be if they just chopped out pieces of champion's voices?
I mean check this:
"Welcome to Summoner's Rift, let's make this fun." - Warwick voice
P.S. It might be Renekton that says "Let's make this fun".

Sokii

05-11-2011

How awesome would it be if they just chopped out pieces of champion's voices?
I mean check this:
"Welcome to Summoner's Rift, let's make this fun." - Warwick voice
P.S. It might be Renekton that says "Let's make this fun".[/QUOTE]

That would be very nice and actually not cost them anything or more time for new sounds.

proXc

05-12-2011

Welcome to summoner's BUMP!

Smallbluedot

05-16-2011

Why? It seems gimmicky to me, and I'm naturally suspicious of gimmicks like that. Is there any point, other than baiting player's curiosity to make them play a little longer than they would? I don't see the purpose in it, since it doesn't seem likely to retain any more people than not doing it. I for one would rather see more new stuff to enhance and evolve gameplay, and writing a script to do this would take away from manpower and worktime towards that.

proXc

05-23-2011

K. Choose your favorite song of all time. Listen to it over and over 100 times in a row. Is it your favorite song now?