@ RIOT - The Current State of Heimerdinger

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merokane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2011

- - Yes, this thread is rather old, and I've have intentionally chosen to not remake it, simply for emphasis on the matter. All points stand relevant as of this edit, on March 14th, 2012
- - I ask that everyone who is able to, that they bump and upvote this thread. There have been many 'dropped projects' in the past, and Heimer seems to be one of them

I'm just curious to see the Riot Staff's thoughts on the current play style of Heimderdinger. This is not a QQ thread, this is not a 'plz-buff-my-champ' thread, just pure curiosity. It has been a few months [edit: years] since the changes to Heimer's previous play style, where he was a near unstoppable pusher/poker.

In Patch 1.0.0.99 (Aug 23, 2010)...

Quote:
-- Heimerdinger --
H-28G Evolution Turret
-- Maximum turrets changed to 1/2/2/2/2 from 1/2/2/3/3
-- H-28G Evolution Turret rank 4 now grants +100 bonus health to new turrets
-- Cooldown modified to 26/23/20/17/14 from 24/22/20/18/16
CH-1 Concussion Grenade no longer affects towers or buildings
We saw Heimer's Grenades lose their damage-to-towers, which can be agreed by the entire community that that was a good thing (even admitted by many Heimer players). Simultaneously, we saw Heimer's maximum amount of turrets reduced from 3 to 2 turrets. It can be argued effectively that both of these changes were needed, as Heimer's lane presence was very, very strong. After a month or two, the FotM Heimer's left for new champs, but we fan boys stuck it out, finding out the true power of Rocket Heimer (vs the previous Turret/Pusher Heimer).

Then, in Patch 1.0.0.109 (Jan 17, 2011)...

Quote:
-- Heimerdinger --
H28G Evolution Turret
-- Turrets now work on an ammo system (25 second ammo cooldown)
-- 1 second placement cooldown
Levelup progression changed:
-- Rank 2 - places green turrets
-- Rank 3 - places 2 turrets
-- Rank 4 - +150 Health
-- Rank 5 - places red turrets
We saw the advent of the ammo system applied to Heimer and his turrets. This again modified Heimer's team presence (originally a Hard Pusher, then a Pusher/Harass) to the now solely Harass via Rockets. The argument by Riot that this was a buff to Heimer, namely his teamfight capabilities, though thought controversial by the community (as this about doubled the CD of Heimer's turrets). Buff or not, the changes are here to stay, and have been in place since this last patch on January 17th, 2011.

Both of these major patches have dramatically altered Heimer's play style, though not necessarily for the worse. What has effected Heimer most of all the changes/implementations over the last six months has been the rise of gap-closing Tanky DPS. With the previous two patches mentioned, and a surplus of gap-closers among the skill sets of the newer champions, Heimer has been on a downward slide of viability, simply through sheer survivability. Though still very fun to play (and I do actively still play him quite a bit with friends), he seems less and less effective as time progresses and we are introduced to the newer champs.

My question to you is if there are any plans for Heimer in the near future or does the Riot Staff firmly believe Heimer is currently in a good spot and does not need any tweaks?

Either way, thank you for your time in reading this.

~ Mero

- Just a Note -
A buddy of mine asked while I keep this-here log o' mine.
> It is for me to try and line up any support for our little Yordle.
> It's for you, the average forum-goer, to realize that this thread has been active for quite the while with little or realistically no response.
> It's for Riot to see that Heimer does have a serious fan base rooted farther back than most of the champions you see and play today.

July 8, 2011 - 212 Responses, 8132 Views - 8 Weeks, 4 Days after Initial Post - No Red yet
July 9, 2011 - 238 Responses, 8731 Views
July 12, 2011 - 283 Responses, 12,905 Views - FeralPony stopped in on Page 27
February 14, 2012 - 399 Responses, 32,010 Views - NO Updates to the Heimer Conundrum yet, after FeralPony had stopped in back on July 11th
March 14, 2012 - 518 Responses, 46,231 Views - Still no further updates.
March 16, 2012 - 607 Responses, 54,039 Views - Still no further updates.
March 20, 2012 - 685 Responses, 60,915 Views - Nothing, nada, zilch. No Red in 8 months.
March 30, 2012 - 768 Responses, 67,561 Views - Alas, nothing new to report.
April 3, 2012 - 844 Responses, 72,659 Views - With as many views and responses, I'm starting to believe that Riot is openly ignoring us and Heimer All the more reason to show your support.
April 4, 2012 - - 921 Responses, 77,935 Views - 50 Upvotes in a single day. That is HUGE. No new Red yet, though. With any luck, it'll be soon. Thanks all for your support.
August 27, 2012 - - 1072 Responses, 94,500 Views - Apologies, all. The puppies have been quite a handful and have detracted from my overall LoL playtime. However, still wanting to play and host ARAMs, it was forum posting that I had to cut. Pup's are nice and healthy (and sleep for a while now), so I'll attempt to return to my pre-puppy relent in bumping a thread in the name of Dinger. Oh, and of course, still no updates.
December 27, 2012 - - 1137 Responses, 104,826 Views - This road is dry and barren, and yet we still press on. Keep spirited, my friends. I sense our journey is nearing its end.

Were I a man with greater time, this is the spot where I'd place various quotes from the community with their ideas and support. With any luck, free time will find its way to me.

Offtopic: Have to quote this. Just too **** good:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadiqa View Post
What Would Heimerdinger Do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbIx0dGY7B0

Exadi

05-09-2011

Bump for curiosity

Merokane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exadi View Post
Bump for curiosity
^

Merokane

05-10-2011

Bump

Pryotra

05-10-2011

I still feel he needs better AI for his turrets, but I also feel he is in a good spot now. it will be interesting to here Riots view on him.

I HAS CHARMS

05-10-2011

Also I must ask Riot Is there ever going to be implemented spell vamp for his turrets? That'd be amazing for teamfights

Dewaholic

05-10-2011

Ok people im going to type all this blabber out one more freaking time. *or in this case copy / paste

The AI is still ****ed, a little better than before, such as when the stupid things refuse to fire they do snap out of it if your attacked by an enemy champ (usually...). They also seem to work far more often than they used to.

Any, and i do mean ANY kind of buffs to heimer has the potential to force him to being knowingly op again. The only reason ppl arnt qq'ing about him right now is so many people fail with him! The stored turrets means i can easily sneak in for a tower kill, and how about that dragon at lvl 7 with ease? even sooner if you have some one to tank it for you.

before his rework i always ran teleport / clarity on him for lane dominance, and was also usually keeping the lane pushed since the only way to keep safe was to keep the turrets set up. Now how ever i run flash / exhaust, generally dont run into the mana issues I used too, i can now play rather safe without having to keep turrets up and the lane pushed so the jungler can gank, and the added lol of those to spells has turned countless ganks into nothing more than feeding me.

TL;dr so long as they fix the turret ai, heimer is in a good place, if you dont think so add me, and ill show you first hand how op my lil alien is.

Goth Skunk

05-10-2011

Heimerdinger fix in 3 easy steps:

Step 1: Remove the passive CDR on his ult

Step 2: Levelling up Q no longer increases quantity of turrets, only quality. Base damage is always 30 per shot

- Lvl 2: Green turret. Armor/MR shred, 1 per hit.
- Lvl 3: AP ratio boosted from 0.2 to 0.4
- Lvl 4: Turret HP now scaled off a percentage of Heimerdinger's max HP
- Lvl 5: Tiamat affect. Red Turret.

Step 3: Heimerdinger's ultimate passive now affects turret quantity

- Lvl 1: Heimerdinger can now place 2 turrets
- Lvl 2: Heimerdinger can now place 3 turrets
- Lvl 3: Heimerdinger can now place 4 turrets

Caveat: Heimerdinger may store no more than 2 turrets at any given time.

Merokane

05-10-2011

Bump for an answer

y3sak

05-10-2011

i like him how he is.