Cant start LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmokenDank

05-09-2011

Hi im having problems starting my LoL client. So I click on the LoL icon on my desktop, then i click the play. Then nothing after that happens. No login screen nothing. I opend my task manager and saw that LoLLauncher.exe was running but nothing was happening... I have uninstalled, reinstalled and still nothing. Yesterday I had a WIndows update, maybe that could be the problem I dont know.

Can some on point me in the right direction plz.

Thank you.

R0FLMyWaffle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

05-09-2011

I am currently having the same problem, I also reinstalled but have had the same results.
I did use system restore yesterday, so there might be an issue caused by that.

Sm0kahontas

05-09-2011

It tells me that the application configuration is incorrect and says I should reinstall. Well I have reinstalled about 5 times, and get the same message. Is this similar to yours?

R0FLMyWaffle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0kahontas View Post
It tells me that the application configuration is incorrect and says I should reinstall. Well I have reinstalled about 5 times, and get the same message. Is this similar to yours?
I don't think so, after I click the play button on the patcher nothing happens. There is no error message.

DUDE BRO

05-09-2011

If you're using an old installation file, you should try downloading the new one, hopefully that will help..

Also, you could try right clicking the launcher, going into properties and click run as administrator, or enable to compatability mode and set it for windows XP.

Also Also, Check to make sure your system clock is correct!

R0FLMyWaffle

Senior Recruiter

05-09-2011

After looking deeper into the forums, there are plenty more topics like this one with the same problem (all recent) and no one finding a solution. It is most likely a problem on Riots end and our best bet is to wait for a fix or something.

jack of harts

05-09-2011

if your using comodo deactivate defence+ .
or make an exception for lol.launcher.exe .
this last bit is done by opening comodo, going to defense+, unknown files(not sure if i translated this correctly) and allowing */lol.launcher.exe were *= the directory of LoL .
hope it helped XD .
do wonder why this goes wrong (seems to be a buffer overflow problem but i am not a expert) .

R0FLMyWaffle

Senior Recruiter

05-09-2011

I just fixed the issue by using the repair installation option in the launcher. You can find it in the top right corner of the launcher (the 2 gears)

Super61

05-09-2011

this did not work for me so im asking everyone post logs in this thred if this does not work for riot to fix

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=729361

Karowner

05-09-2011

I fixed this problem by deleting ALL LoL files on my computer, restarting, then reinstalling the new patcher, this time i changed the file directory to C drive then under program files and after putting it there it seems to work like nothing ever happened. hope this helps someone..

"Edit"- Also after reinstalling into that location, make sure you're running the program as an administrator