Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

DotA 2 ...Better than LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K1LLTH3N00B

05-08-2011

Just wondering if you guys think DotA 2(being developed by IceFrog, in cahoots with Valve) will be better than LoL. LoL was developed by the developer of DotA Allstars in case you didn't know. DotA 2 looks (sounds) pretty good from what we've heard, but will it be worth $60? Personally I don't like denying, so I'm skeptical about how I'll react to DotA 2 (assuming it will have denying)

Elite Midget

05-08-2011

Not enough information released to decide.

내 나쁜 검둥이

05-08-2011

Hamburgers better than hot dogs? Apples better than oranges?

SeventhSky

05-08-2011

Maybe wait until Dota2 comes out first?

TL Frolo

05-08-2011

probably
denying will be in the game cause it is essentially a straight port to the source engine

Prettyfox

Recruiter

05-08-2011

DoTA 2 and LoL will more than likely end up as two separate games.

Valkor

05-08-2011

It will have Eric and Chet doing the writing so...

you know...

the writing will be better.

But if you thought paying 10 dollars for skins was bad wait until you are paying 10 dollars for hats.

Edit - Also the game won't come out for another five years since, Valve, and everything.

Kissmonster

05-08-2011

Calling it now: Dota 2 will be the end of HoN. But LoL will survive just fine.

K1LLTH3N00B

05-08-2011

Quote:
Wekko:
Hamburgers better than hot dogs? Apples better than oranges?

This is a false argument. They are both MOBA's.

p.s. Wow can't believe so many people are already trolling me, gotta love them internetz

Boonestoorm

05-08-2011

Quote:
K1LLTH3N00B:
Just wondering if you guys think DotA 2(being developed by IceFrog, original creator of DotA, in cahoots with Valve) will be better than LoL. LoL was developed by the developer of DotA Allstars in case you didn't know. DotA 2 looks (sounds) pretty good from what we've heard, but will it be worth $60? Personally I don't like denying, so I'm skeptical about how I'll react to DotA 2 (assuming it will have denying)

Icefrog is not the original creator of DotA. He's also a sell out that is hated by the very game he "helped" "develop" (HoN).

It will be a different game, and we'll have to judge if it'll be good or not when it comes out / starts releasing more info. If they start recycling old heroes again, I'm not even going to bother. Yes, theres the nostalgia of old heroes, but if it doesn't have anything fresh, there erally is no point in buying it other than a "graphical update" from wc3.