[Guide] Udyr, the Adam Smith of LoL by AFKush

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Covenant

09-24-2010

The guide is pretty out of date, especially the focus on laning with him and making him AP-based. There's like zero reason to bother with that recently, we have so many powerful melee DPS out there that Udyr is free to focus on high-mobility durability where he is very effective and an absolute ton of fun. Bear and the +3 speed boots make him VERY fast. Udyr is an immensely powerful chaser, and while he's not a real "tank" he's an excellent initiator.

I do use Tiger a lot more than Phoenix, but I could see getting Turtle up to level 3 and leaving it there (you're done with laning phase at that point, start working on anti-champ strats) to focus on getting Phoenix5 + Tiger5 working, but honestly, I've seen Phoenix Udyr in my games when I'm not playing him, and their Phoenix stance damage contribution is always very small. Maybe it's just then, but the AoE is largely irrelevant and Phoenix is a stance way too focused on people staying with you in melee.

They never seem to want to that around me. They spend most of their time fleeing and dying from Tiger strike's DoT.

Tiger's Activation + Bear seems to provide a lot more impact, but I absolutely could understand making my stance dance between Phoenix, Bear and Tiger, even as a tank Udyr, just for the damage boost from Phoenix AoE. You only lose 80HP by getting Turtle to 3 and stopping, which is really not all that big.

My name is Mark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-18-2010

Adam smith and LoL.. classic

NiRRR

12-07-2010

is this guide still valid? what changes to the ITEMS should the new udyr get? i cant ever seem to do that great with him. and i rather not jungle. i like laning better. can anyone update his item build ?

Sturmhard

12-07-2010

guinsoos is still a good item on udyr....but pure luxury and not ideal early game,

Ap3x

12-07-2010

despite the time thats passed im soo glad to finallly have found a guide where somebody can demonstrate a deeper understanding of Udyr, i respect your builds but as you say Udyr is very versatile and therefore many others such as myslef have their own. Regardless, your playstyle and knowledge of how Udyr works exceeds every other guide ive read.

hvywpnsguy

12-07-2010

Does the pheonix trick still work? I can't get it to working... Do you attack in pheonix 4 times, switch to bear, hit once, then pheonix?