What would you like to see in Chat / Buddy Lists?

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snice

07-20-2009

Marduke's post just about sums it up.

redit

Adjudicator

07-20-2009

Marduke's post is good, but I'd also like more (either seperate or integrated) guild/clan/whatevergrpofpeople support.
Also, micha's post listed a lot of *also* needed things.

Karnij

Adjudicator

07-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
In the ideal world, how would you like to see the PVP.NET chat and buddy list system work?
Buddy system is ok, but the green/yellow dot doesn't seem to be accurate most of the time.

I don't like clicking on the name opening a chat window, perhaps double clicking would be better.

I think it should auto dump people into the general chat channels, with the option for them to close the window as opposed to making them join one cause then noone does. It can help with filling out a premade or filling practice games.

Wtb option to turn off sound effects for buddy and chat system.

NEED ability to chat with people from air client to in game.

Marduke's thing is good, but I would like to be able to be in the premade making window and still see chat....perhaps the premade creation window doesnt need to be so big, just an inch on the side of the screen so the chat can take up more of it.

Skuce

07-20-2009

I like Kevouns idea but I play COD4 and its easy enough to not have it built into the game. To find a pug all you do is go to #cod4pug on the irc server and they have a bot, with .join .vent and some other helpful commands. So instead of actually building that into the game someone could just put up a bot in the LoL channel, same one even, and use .join and when it fill up to 10 it scrambles team and right there you can have an intense 5v5 game. Very fun.

nDqA9g8fm1q3cHRT

Adjudicator

07-20-2009

+1 for marduke's idea. Perhaps an option to not show offline friends like MSN once you get too many friends, since it get cluttered.

Teirdome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2009

Marduke's idea is definitely the right direction. However, when you are looking at your summoner profile, other profiles, etc. it should minimize to occupy just the bottom of the GUI with maybe the chat tabs and the last 2-3 lines of text for that tab. Would be nice to be able to type messages in the smaller form, but frame real estate is running slim. This would probably mean moving the "Search Summoners" up to the top in the blank space opposite the history links and only making it available when browsing summoner profiles.

If it doesn't look like you are going to be able to integrate chat with the main frame, then I would still pursue something similar to Marduke's, but possibly something with dual sizes where the smaller size displays friends/status and the larger is something similar to Marduke's.

DUVOIS

07-21-2009

Need that god damn window to be able to be made bigger. Grouping of buddies. Search/Sort/Filter.

Darkholyness

Adjudicator

07-21-2009

+1 to Marduke's idea. Also, a bit out of the context, it would be nice to have a whispering system in a game lobby and in-game.

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

07-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuce View Post
I posted my own thread but I guess I should have posted here. For the chat system I would like to see time stamps. When I'm messaged from a buddy and I'm away from my computer for a couple hours. I don't know if he just messaged me 5minutes ago or 5 hours ago.
I second the timestamp feature. It would also help if the window would flash when I have a message!

Sagas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-21-2009

+1 for Marduke.

1234567 ... 10