What would you like to see in Chat / Buddy Lists?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xpload

Adjudicator

07-19-2009

I want ignore/block list. So if I ignore someone I won't see what he says. And if I block him we will never be matched to play together ;p

Mike

Adjudicator

07-19-2009

I want the /join channel from b.net or the /f add from bnet sort of thing. The wc3 tabs for friends and clans. I don't really like the current system at all so I don't bother joining or chatting in the rooms we do have. There should be pre-made rooms like help/strategy/clan recruitment/etc that we can click on but other than that all of them should be user based.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

07-19-2009
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Thanks guys, Im hoping to steal a lot of your suggestions so keep it up =)

Skuce

07-19-2009

I posted my own thread but I guess I should have posted here. For the chat system I would like to see time stamps. When I'm messaged from a buddy and I'm away from my computer for a couple hours. I don't know if he just messaged me 5minutes ago or 5 hours ago.

YOSH

Adjudicator

07-19-2009

Oh my god, exactly what Marduke posted. That's so good..
Timestamps should be optional too.
EDIT: By optional, I would only use them when I was afk and just got back and wanted to know how long ago someone said something. So they should be off by default but when I turn them on I still see timestamps for past mesages that happened while timestamps were off... if that makes sense?

Marduke

Adjudicator

07-19-2009

Also, I didn't put it in my picture, but definitely should have a tab system for multiple channels. Would be ideal for those who like being in multiple rooms.

eXes

07-20-2009

Rightclicking a mate to join his game would be awesome.

Spiffy

Adjudicator

07-20-2009

I think the biggest thing would be access to the chat capabilities from inside the game. You'd probably have the most luck implementing it Steam/xfire style imo, since the launcher and the game are two separate code bases.

Kevoun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2009

I made a thread in the general forum but then I realized that this thread is better for my suggestion. I would like to have a channel specifically devoted to organizing arranged teams. The pre-game lobby is pretty short and sometimes you get matched with a group of people who aren't good at tanks or something along the lines. If there was a team-building lobby people could create more balanced teams by advertising things like:

"LF tank with vent for lvl ___ group, msg ___"

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-20-2009

Marduke's thing

123456 ... 10