Tiamat splash damage %

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tubesteak

03-10-2010

Does anyone know offhand what percent damage is splashed when using Tiamat?
Its not listed on the item unfortunately.
My guess is in the 40-50% range.

I'm working on a 2-3 tiamat Gangplank build and watching my parley's splash around.
If I can get my splash up to 100% with the fewest number of tiamats, all the better.

Bluff

03-10-2010

The problem with tiamat is that the money you spend on it could be put towards better items. If you want splash damage, pick an AOE hero.

SlyGoat

03-10-2010

Pretty sure it's 35%.

Also, it can go over 100%. I once had Malphite with 5 Tiamats and I oneshotted a Katarina with 1600 HP with the splash damage from a a 1000 damage crit.

I've done tiamat gangplank, too. 1k parrrley crits + splash = lolfest

Tubesteak

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff View Post
The problem with tiamat is that the money you spend on it could be put towards better items. If you want splash damage, pick an AOE hero.
The key here is Parley splash damage.
And while there are overall better items for GP, I think it would be very viable to run 2-3 tiamats, an IE and a trinity force. Combined with a crit chance rune page, your crit chance is easily upwards of 75%.

And since tiamat's splash damage is pure damage (not reduced by armor), you can Parley a group of people for upwards of 1200-1500 of unmitigated damage per person other than your target.

Vancouver Amumu

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
Pretty sure it's 35%.

Also, it can go over 100%. I once had Malphite with 5 Tiamats and I oneshotted a Katarina with 1600 HP with the splash damage from a a 1000 damage crit.

You also have a negative Win/Loss ratio. Just sayin'.

CounterCraft

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2010

Quote:
Pretty sure it's 35%.

Troll trolling troller's trolling troll thread.

Gl hitting 300 crit with 5x Tia

Tubesteak

03-10-2010

Quote:
Pretty sure it's 35%.

This is what I'm thinking.
3 tiamats, 1 IE and a trinity force. crazy fun.

332 damage and base 43% crit. add in a crit chance rune page for 60+% crit.
105% splash damage as pure, unalterable damage.

Your Parley will crit + sheen/trinity for 1500+ damage (reduced by armor). But the splash is 1200 and not reduced at all.

Now that's a lolfest.

SlyGoat

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterCraft View Post
Troll trolling troller's trolling troll thread.

Gl hitting 300 crit with 5x Tia
5 tiamat = 210 damage + 80 from infinity edge + Malphite's ~100 base damage = 390 damage + 70% from brutal strikes = 663 damage + 150% from infinity edge = 1658 damage crits. You lose, sir. Good day. Wish I could say this was entertaining.

Quote:
And since tiamat's splash damage is pure damage (not reduced by armor), you can Parley a group of people for upwards of 1200-1500 of unmitigated damage per person other than your target.
You're thinking of WC3 cleave. It says in the item description of Tiamat the damage is physical.

edit: I've also tested sheen/trinity with tiamat; doesn't work, sorry to say. I'ma be honest and say I don't think tiamat Gangplank is the most viable build out there; but Tiamat Malphite can definitely work, simply because of his built-in splash stacking with it and his ABSURD steroid (+70% of total damage? wow), you basically ult in, attack a couple times and kill their entire team. If Riot ever implements a hero like Dark Seer, Enigma, Magnataur, etc. that can pull the enemy team into a cluster, I can see Tiamat malphite rising to prominence.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

03-10-2010

Some day I will find the Riot post, and bookmark it, but until then I'm pretty sure there are separate values for ranged and melee splash. I think its 35% for range and 50% for melee. But that could have changed/I could be wrong entirely.

Tubesteak

03-10-2010

Quote:
You're thinking of WC3 cleave. It says in the item description of Tiamat the damage is physical.
It does say that, but I was reading in another thread where people were saying its damage was not mitigated by armor.

If it is, that makes this slightly less fun. Still might still be fun to try out.
Maybe replace one tiamat with a Last Whisper. Less damage and splash but better penetration.

Time to experiment.