Who is God Tier?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bletzkarn

05-08-2011

I recently read a very interesting post about balancing, current meta and some other things I'm sure where interesting.

The basis of the Thread was that whenever a new Character on the block who is seen as strong (Nocturne, Jarvan, Renekton, Irelia) Approaches the standard of the "Alumani" they where deemed OP.

So who exactly are the Alumnus (i.e people who have been strong forever).

From the Thread the following Champions where deemed as part of this Top Tier:

- Ashe
- Amumu
- Zilean
- Anivia
- Janna
- Annie
- Corki

Basically these champions are really strong, but the community is okay with that so they rarely receive nerfs. Is there any I missed?

Sir Magoo

05-08-2011

Mundo

ChristianLacroix

05-08-2011

Champions that are gamebreakingly powerful (whether you consider them OP or not)

Zilean, Nocturne, Ashe, Shen, possibly Anivia

I think these champions are in their own league really. Have the power to ruin the game for their opponents easily.

cwatz

Adjudicator

05-08-2011

Shens the one your missing. Thats kind of the staple above average champions that riot wont let get surpassed.

Flying Bob

05-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bletzkarn View Post
- Ashe
- Amumu
- Zilean
- Anivia
- Janna
- Annie
- Corki

Basically these champions are really strong, but the community is okay with that so they rarely receive nerfs. Is there any I missed?
Janna received nerf couple patch ago
Anivia received nerf pretty much same time

Zack1996

05-08-2011

God Tier is a tier that only 1 champion can exist in.

For example, Heal-Kite Meta AP Ezreal (pre-nerf) was God Tier.

Etteril

05-08-2011

The only reason people are saying Ashe is so powerful is because I've been playing her. Murphy's Law, man. I started the game playing Ez, he was nerfed into oblivion (yeah, he was too strong, but comon. Overkill!).

Then played Nunu, and saw some weird complaints about him ("Ult is OP!" :\ ). Then Nidalee, but as soon as I stopped playing her the posts about her dropped 90%.

Now everyone's trying to get Ashe nerfed or calling her a gamebreaker. True story.

larrylarry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2011

afaik there isnt a god tier so much as a tier 1. there are no characters that are auto-bans. Shen and zilean are the closest things to it for arranged 5s, but you do see them once in a while in tournies where people decide meta-banning is more important.

characters like ashe and corki and almost always picked, but very rarely banned.

smokin thrills

05-08-2011

Orlandu is the only character in any game that deserves God Tier status

Lonesome Rider

05-08-2011

Also post buff and pre super nerf Bloodthirster stacking Udyr was pretty god-tier...