Pub Stomping with Sona

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reek

05-07-2011

After weeks of testing, I'd say it's safe to say that Sona is an epic pub stomper. Here is how:

Exhaust/Ignite
- Flash can be substituted for exhaust.

21/9/0
- 21/0/9 is acceptable.

9 apen marks
9 flat armor seals
9 flat mr glyphs
3 flat AD quints

Build: Doran's blade, then rush for a sheen. After that you can go AD or AP.
- If AD, build crit damage.
- If AP, get an archangel's staff followed by cdr.

Take a 1v1 lane. You start with 79 AD, so your auto attacks are most likely going to hurt a lot more than your opponent's. Harass them, zone them, kill them. Be sure to last hit, which is extremely easy to do. Do your best to hit the enemy with power chord.

Start with Q, if your opponent is able to fight back at level 1, back off until level 3 and get a second point in W. Now you can heal away any damage they do to you. If they aren't able to fight back at early levels, just get a second point in Q at level 3.

You should have enough gold for a sheen around level 6. Go back for it, then gank. If you got a point in E (which you should at level 4 or 5), your ganks will almost always be successful. Your burst from sheen is insane, and your AD is pretty high for so early in the game.

Continue to gank and push lanes. As long as your teammates don't feed, you will almost definitely win.

Champions I have beaten in a 1v1 lane, in no particular order:
Sona
Vladimir
Karthus
Katarina
Ezreal
Urgot
Annie
Brand
Ashe
Tristana
Caitlyn
Mordekaiser
Rumble
Corki
Kassadin
Malzahar
Anivia
Fiddlesticks
Zilean
Leblanc
Xin Zhao
Lux
Miss Fortune
Ryze
Sivir
Teemo
Twisted Fate
Veigar

Champions that have beaten me:
Urgot
Brand
Caitlyn

Some of them I have only played against once, but many have been multiple times. Some are harder than others, and some are ridiculously easy. The list is just to show that it is possible to beat those champions. Winning your lane is extremely important. Even if you are unable to kill them, if you can successfully zone and deny them gold/experience, you are winning your lane.