Magewick Viable??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kutara

05-07-2011

Is a mage/tanky warwick really viable? I just watched a laning WW with two doran's rings, merc treads, spirit visage, sunfire and banshees in a ranked game. He laned 1v1 with Jarvan top and dominated him. I was thinking about trying it out to see if it worked. Anyone have ideas on what runes/masteries he would've been using? And what would've been his next purchases after that? He was impossible to kill with him spamming Q and doing a surprising amount of damage. I know he had flash/ignite too.

DoransTroll

05-07-2011

He can jungle, he can be tanky, he can nuke--but would it fit the team?
Most people thinks that you would be a sustained DPSer when you go WW. This could easily leave you with a team with no DPS to finish a team fight.
No idea about the actual builds though, but I know that magewick relies on his bite--high AP ensures high HP return and damage even on low max HP target. I think you'd want the standard mage masteries and runes with emphasis on mana regen, since WW has pretty crappy natural regen.
Even magewick will still have a lot of AS--I would recommend relying on procs to complement your DPS late game. Wit's End on WW could very quickly become devastating, even without high AD.

shubomber

05-07-2011

what about hybrid? gunblade, malady, bloodrazor sounds like a pretty hard-hitting combo. round out the build with tank items and it just might work. not sure about jungle ability, but i've heard legends of a solo mid magewick.

maybe nashor's instead of gunblade for a straight mage build, with wit's end instead of malady.

ironblades

05-07-2011

He scales nicely with magic pen,
If i am crushing early game, I like
MBR
Sorc Boots
Then mix and match depending on how well your lasting in team fights
wits end
Malady
Glacial Shroud
Abysall scepter
Aim for 40 CDR through pots and Shroud + blue buff its pretty easy to get.

Glacial i would consider a core, BV is better the Abyssal, but against a light CC team the Magic pen is a nice luxury. Most games it is less AS + on hit effect and more Defense.

paShadoWn

05-07-2011

Do not forget Manamune. And a Gunblade.

bob000

05-07-2011

A Dorans ring does not make you an ap build.