Breaking my loss streak

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cupiter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2011

So I usually play tanks, because people really like instalocking carries for whatever reason. I find it's fine, and I go shen, liked him so much I bought his surgeon skin.

But now it seems more and more people are willing to be tanks so I bought a couple other champions, olaf, for example... And now I'm kinda shocked at how little damage they can take in comparison to tanks (well naturally tanks would... tank but it's like 5x the amount of my health bar per strike...)

So does anyone have tips on playing carries and staying alive? I can't kite because I prefer using melee ones. I can play corki fine because I kite, but olaf, nocturne, and the like... I need tips please =]

LouieTheHedgehog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2011

Olaf isn't a melee carry: he's a bulky DPS where his damage comes from his E. Therefore, you build him tanky.

Otherwise, time your entrance. Don't rush in immediately and take all of the enemy's CCs and damage. Wait until some of them are on CD, then go after your target.

TheCowGoes

05-07-2011

On some champs, if you have no kind of CC I find that taking frozen mallet can help you lock down a target while providing a handy health boost. And tanks carry a kind of "first in last out" mentality that doesn't always work if you have no meat for your targets to chew on. If you have a tanky champ, ride your tanks coattails in and take a target or wreak havoc with their positioning. Most of the time, you'll be either choosing a target, focusing a target already chosen, or eating a squishy depending on how much guts your team/enemy has, how much initiative you took, and if you can actually, er, take the target down. As a carry, try to hold back a little if you have no meat, and wait for everyone to settle onto their targets before wrecking face.

paShadoWn

05-07-2011

It took me three months to barely learn how to play melee and not instadie. Take Warwick, he is resilient to move errors amongst melee fighters.
A rule: choose one with the best dmg-to-squshiness ratio and chase him away so he won't stand and shoot everyone in backs for 0.5k crits.