Professional Master Yi Strategy Guide

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

flankd

The Council

08-17-2009

k


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeGeR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-17-2009

Such a short guide, you may want to extend it. It's not bad... but it starts with 3 screenshots, these doesn't teach your way to play. It looks like you're trying to brag.

Showing a screenshot of your mastery trees is smart. I like that part.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

flankd

The Council

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGeR View Post
Such a short guide, you may want to extend it. It's not bad... but it starts with 3 screenshots, these doesn't teach your way to play. It looks like you're trying to brag.

Showing a screenshot of your mastery trees is smart. I like that part.
Well, I guess I wanted to brag maybe just a tiny bit... but it's mainly to prove that my build order works to be honest. I don't really know what to go in depth on, that's why it's so short...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

765Immortal

Senior Member

08-17-2009

What's your play style like? In what scenarios do you get most of your kills -- in team battles or chasing wandering enemy champions?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeGeR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-17-2009

I tried to give feedback, but i feel bad for not encouraging you. Thanks for writing a guide on master yi. Instead of showing screenshots of stats in random games ( I didn't recognize any nickname) you may want to show screenshots of you playing with recognized players)

I checked you win/loss ratio, it's not bad, your elo rating is probably slightly above average. That means you're usually matched with slightly above average players. Thus it's a bit pretentious to title your guide as "professionnal" but then, it doesn't really matter. Your guide could be great and informative to newcomers even if you were below average in skill, it just needs more sections.

Keep the good work, I haven't played master yi much and I can't wait to read more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

flankd

The Council

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 765Immortal View Post
What's your play style like? In what scenarios do you get most of your kills -- in team battles or chasing wandering enemy champions?
Uhm... a little of both, I admit I try my best not to go in first because sometimes I literally just fall over... especially when i'm in a suiciding tower diving over confidence mode.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yipperpants

Member

08-17-2009

I've started experimenting with Master Yi recently, namely because all Yi's I've encountered absolutely failed at being "decent" with him. After three games, I've just realized that inexperienced players just don't realize how fragile he is. They basically just look at awesome endgame stats (like those in your screenshots) and jump in for kills.

Something I would definitely want in a Master Yi guide is a "Why You Would Feed" (aka what not to do) section. You should also really invest in skill builds and builds/examples of "professional" (or anything not pubbie) play. It's called "Professional Master Yi Strategy Guidfe", after all. I would also recommend Frozen Mallet for players who aren't farming lvl10s at lvl18s.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-17-2009

What about general strategies (IE Jungling, Ganking, When to Farm) and skill builds? The guide seems pretty bare-bones as it is. That said, I look forward to when you finish it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

flankd

The Council

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGeR View Post
I tried to give feedback, but i feel bad for not encouraging you. Thanks for writing a guide on master yi. Instead of showing screenshots of stats in random games ( I didn't recognize any nickname) you may want to show screenshots of you playing with recognized players)

I checked you win/loss ratio, it's not bad, your elo rating is probably slightly above average. That means you're usually matched with slightly above average players. Thus it's a bit pretentious to title your guide as "professionnal" but then, it doesn't really matter. Your guide could be great and informative to newcomers even if you were below average in skill, it just needs more sections.

Keep the good work, I haven't played master yi much and I can't wait to read more.
My bad on the "Professional" ... it's habit, I say everything is professional... anyways... I havn't been playing LoL for too long, not even a month... when I first started playing, like my first 30 games was like me on a lvl 10 or under team, versus 3-4+ level 30's... I had a negative ratio for quite a while. You can't really look at my ratio and judge because I didn't start beta from the very beginning like most of the "well named" players, so it was a handicapped learning experience. Either way, i've drastically improved and Yi is one of my favorite heroes, and i've gotten several comments and requests for tips and how to play Yi.

Either way, I guess I didn't explain too much about actual combat because that's something you learn about the more you play, no matter what champion you pick. I mean, during Yi's ultimate I always choose other relatively low HP champions Ashe, Teemo, Lich, Ryze, Other Yi's, Jax etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

flankd

The Council

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aratrok the Merciless View Post
What about general strategies (IE Jungling, Ganking, When to Farm) and skill builds? The guide seems pretty bare-bones as it is. That said, I look forward to when you finish it.
Yeah I'll finish it up later, I work graveyard shift and I need to go to bed... I didn't think i'd get so much criticism on how unfinished the guide is, sorry about that.


12345 ... 6