How to Smartcast?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PkZerg

05-07-2011

I keep hearing references to smartcasting, yet I have no idea what it is or how to do it. I seem to hear that it is useful, so could someone please enlighten me about it?

Rabbitsuit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2011

When you're in the game, click the little Cog-Like button and you're able to turn on (or off) smart casting from that menu.

Smartcasting is basically having the skill automatically be used when Q.W.E.R. is pressed the direction of or on the target your cursor is currently hovering over.

This lets skills be used quicker since you don't have to click on the target after selecting the hotkey, but then you have to know where your cursor is at all times and you could mistarget easily.

Kyoko Sakura

Recruiter

05-07-2011

Shift + QWER

Its useful for some champions but not all.

One of the skills you want to smartcast is Cassiopeia's E.
Other than that, I don't find that much of a use for it.

Some skills are already smartcasted without holding down shift like Cass's Q and Karthus's Q.

BlueLeaderOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2011

I've actually never known about this <_< I almost exclusively play sona, so I can't benefit much, but it would be nice for her ulti, as well as other casters I may play.

The Djinn

05-08-2011

If you really like Smartcasting (I know I do), you can also rebind your standard spell keys to automatically smartcast without holding Shift. Unfortunately, you can't also bind Shift + key to function as a normal cast, and some characters abilities you'll want the normal cast function on.

If you rebind your keys to smartcast, I'd recommend binding the normal casting to a set of keys within easy reach, for those times when you really want that functionality.