Help with Commander Cassiopeia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverbel

05-07-2011

I have a vision for a play style with Cass.

Yesterday was my first match, against beginner bots, and it appeared to go well, but I'd like some advice on Items, Skills, Masteries and Runes to support this play style.

CONCEPT

The idea behind "Commander Cassiopeia" is a mobile hit-and-run character who prevents pushes and pressures the enemy from a moderate distance. Map awareness, moving around quickly to stop pressure, and exploit openings, are the key goals to Cass.

Cass is not really a pusher. She can assist in ganks but should not be the initiator. She supports teamfights from the outskirts. The more ugly a team fight, and the worse it is turning out, the more likely Cass will wade in there to shut it down.

Using Miasma and Petrifying Gaze to blanket damage and destroy minions, and blast and Twin Fang to harass champs, she should be able to prevent turrets from falling, pursue overextended enemies, and be a general blaster. I am hoping most of her ability comes from her utility, rather than her absolute boom-boom power.

KEY FACTORS

Lots of the key factors are built-in.

• A way to push champs off your turret - Miasma can do it.
  • A way to demolish minions that are approaching - Miasma + Pet. Gaze
  • An effective teamfight tipper - Pet. Gaze
  • Farming for good items - Most poison skills seem really good for this
  • The ability to throw 2 Miasmas near each other - Some CDR ought to make this possible. Need advice if it's possible and how much CDR to take
  • A 'battery' that allows for aggressive defenses before a quick recharge - I am thinking Goddess Tear may fit this bill
  • All skills set to Smartcast - Check
  • Enough survivability to live through ganks, but a strong ability power for intimidating skills

Thanks for lending a helping hand. My ears are open.

Medusa

05-07-2011

Pretty much this is how she should be played normally. If you play right Chalice + M-regen or even just M-regen is enough and you can go without Tear.

Well dont ever use PG for clearing Minion waves You never know when someone might pop out from somewhere to gank you and other more important situations. NB and Miasma should be enough and also you can last hit quite well with Twin Fang (very helpful under your turret)

Depends, in a way she could bait the enemy, leading then into a team-fight.

Cassiopeia: Guide/Discussion My guide, outlines the most popular options and there is quite a bit of testing as to what youl prefer. Item-wise and also tactics as you have mentioned some.

TPM Ledbetter

05-07-2011

the poster's guide is really good. The problem with your idea is that unlike annie or anivia for example, she cannot quite stop a 3 v tower by herself. she absolutely crumbles if there is any more then 3 pushing. Youd do better if you built her to be aggressive and focus on being able to kill at least 1 champ in a team fight. Her utility is amazing, yes, but its utility designed to assist her offensive capabilities. As is mentioned in the guide in order to do well with her, if you are going 1 v 1 or being tower dived you absolutely have to fully commit to that fight or else youd just get farmed. Throw everything you got at people and flash+ult to initiate a team fight XD

Silverbel

05-07-2011

Thanks for the feedback from the both of you.