Jax Ap or Ad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaz3king

03-09-2010

Im just wondering cause ive played jax, a couple times and see people do both but which one is better. I hope this thread can be simple and not 10 post of arguing. Which is better overall.

roninsm

03-09-2010

hybrid is best.

Mondt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2010

I usually take AP and farm golem.

Your burst damage happens every 2 seconds.

PhoenixBomb

03-09-2010

Both are viable, hard to say which is better. The key is to play to the strengths of his passive; if you do that well, it doesn't matter what route you take.

Basically, get your boots, get a Rageblade, then roll the dice. I highly recommend Atmas Impaler at some point, as well.

Bilboking

03-09-2010

I usually do not go AP. In fact, I often go dps. With phantom dancer his passive dodge is utilized pretty well.

AIM7Sparrow

03-09-2010

Doran's Blade + HP Potion
Ninja Tabi
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Atma's Impaler
Red/Blue Elixir
Rylai's Scepter
More Elixers

After Atma's, using both elixirs gives you around 3k HP with over 200 attack and I think around 125 AP, (counting Atma's passive.) Then save up for Rylai's and no one will ever be able to escape from your 4k HP insane DPS beastly self.

Sickness23

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
hybrid is best.
it's true hybrid is best. At early game i usually get long sword then pot.
Then go for Mordred Bloodrazor first or last whisper, a good combo for atck speed and damage then i will get rageblade. Also if your fed get mejai but if not get phage for those runaways. Then keep stacking ap or damage depending on the enemy that your fighting

FeLpZ

03-09-2010

yeah i always get pot, but if you got a dt or somethin comin up synthetic **** works just as well

mylegbig

03-09-2010

I prefer AP but go AD/hybrid whenever I'm bored. Mejaj is especially great since higher stacks increase your survivability due to your passive, making it easier to keep your stacks.

My AP build:

Mejaj
Ninja Tabai
Guinsoo
Rylai/Lichbane
Nashor's

The 6th item can be whatever (Zhonya's, Banshee's, etc). The game almost never lasts this long for this to be a consideration.

Zero Control

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixBomb View Post
Both are viable, hard to say which is better. The key is to play to the strengths of his passive; if you do that well, it doesn't matter what route you take.

Basically, get your boots, get a Rageblade, then roll the dice. I highly recommend Atmas Impaler at some point, as well.
I have done some of the math on Atmas, its not worth it in the least for cost/benefit unless you already have say... at least a thirster if not rage.

Now if your items are:

Boots
Rageblade
phantom
banshees
thirster

then grab an atmas.... but you dont need it frankly... i like starks because you can grab and early valor which lets you never leave a lane and then ugprade it later, but i play differently.

Because jax weakness is magic and CC's and because Jax ability to kill is so good with only a rageblade and AS runes I have chucked some of his staple items...

check this out: masters 21/9/0... get the AS, crit, and damage abilities... and the dodge abilities... so you have that 2% dodge and extra 4% as

now for runes i run 19% as, and only 9 almost 10% dodge and then i think its 12ish magic resist...

so if you get a phantom with your e abilities you still get 40% dodge right? if you grabbed tabi it only comes out to 8% more.... you dont need it to be viable and melee isnt why you are dying..

so ditch tabi and grab treads... ahhh! resist and best of all you can escape all those slows and snares when you do your hit n run kills, or however you weave in and out of combat...

now you have treads and a valor... lane lane lane or else jungle your call, but now you cant be CC'd or ranged to death, you have tons of early resist... i think with runes, masteries, and boots its around 80!! thats hotness! and your dodge to thwart melee

Now all you do is grab that ginsoos and frankly your OP... anything else just seals the deal.