Which two core AP items to build on Kassadin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flubadoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2011

On almost all casters, I go:

-AA Staff
-RoA

While it gives me exceptional spammability and survivability, it's AP is quite low (160-200). How should I build?

If I went:

-RoA
-Deathcap

I constantly run OOM and I don't have enough IP for mana regen runes at all, but I would have a metric ****load of AP.

Xervous

05-07-2011

spell pen > AP as the game progresses, void staff should be a core item if you aren't pub stomping.

Cirefy

05-07-2011

Deathcap- Voidstaff imo... need bluebuff anyway...

Krazikarl

05-07-2011

Deathcap, BV, Void Staff in that order.

Kass is fragile enough if you go with Deathcap instead of RoA that you need something to protect yourself, otherwise you will die as soon as you get hit with a stun. BV just provides too much to ignore, especially since it helps with the mana issues too.

vcool

05-07-2011

Start with catalyst, provides enough health and mana to secure kills without running oom or dying in two hits. If you can snowball, Mejais, if not, ROA. Deathcap is amust either way. Void staff to finish things off. If game is super long, get AA for even more ap or Lich Bane to push turrets down or laugh at people who bothered to get armor with a W proc.

Oh and BV is also pretty much a given.

SlimJimm13

05-07-2011

tl;dr Catalyst>Sorc Boots>Rabadon>Banshee>Situationals.

I start with catalyst and leave it there till I finish sorc boots.
After the boots, if you're having trouble, upgrade the catalyst into a banshee unless they have no CC, in which case build into RoA but it's usually banshee.
If you're not having trouble and is doing well, ignore banshee and go straight for rabadon.

Void staff seems like a good option, but I only stack mpen instead of ap against veigar as I already have mpen marks and glyphs. If you want lich bane, get sheen after catalyst for better farming and finish it before deathcap for better overall damage. I usually don't get it because people tend to play too defensively for lichbane to be of use after noticing riftwalk, plus I run flash ignite.

If you have a dpser (which every team needs), leave tower pushing to them. You're better off as a nuker/assassin.

Victor Zsasz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2011

For pure ap, start with tear of godess, then get RoA, then death cap, before finishing tear into AA.
This gives you the mana you need early, and gives the tear time to charge, so when you do build the AA, the effects are far more noticable. BV wherever you see fit in there

TPM Ledbetter

05-07-2011

A lot of these ideas are good but you should definately NOT be running tear/AA. His q takes so long to cool down that you can't really charge the tear that much unless you are in a game that lasts 50+ min. Banshee's veil is a auto buy on kass because he needs to get in your opponent's face to do any real damage. On the same note, Abyssal scepter is a good core item for him since he tends to combo Walk > DFG > silence > Slow wave thingy... If you are not close enough to hit them with your e then you are just poking and not trying to go for a kill. Abyssal scepter is fake arm pen.
If you don't feel you are getting enough mana to conclude a fight try building a glacial shroud. However i agree with the above, armor pen is almost more important then early AP for kass.
Try a game building like this: Blue gem, red gem, boots 1, catalyst, sorc boots, fiendish codex, DFG, void staff, banshee's, abyssal scepter, rod's cap
I can tell you this though, death fire grasp is NOT a mandatory item on him. Try to switch it up after you find a build that works well for you.

Doriantv

05-07-2011

Catalyst
Rabadons
Voidstaff
Cata --> BVeil