Why get boots on Annie?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jamjam89

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anivias Chosen View Post
You need boots because everyone else will be getting them. If it was a not as often choice for people then it would be open to debate but since you know everyone will get them its hard to go without and gimp one's self.
So if everyone gets boots of swiftness, you need to counter with boots of swiftness?

Medusa

05-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamjam89 View Post
So if everyone gets boots of swiftness, you need to counter with boots of swiftness?
No, just some form of boots that is right for the situation/champ, say they have a lot of stun and other CC, probably go Merc.

jamjam89

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2011

Lets say everyone gets boots of swiftness, and you're stuck on sorc boots. That means I'm behind in speed by 1. Same as the situation where everyone completes their boots and I don't, and instead get a better item. Here I'm also behind in speed by 1. Would you all still take the same stance on the situation?

Oatfarmer

05-07-2011

Quote:
If Annie gets ganked, she really has nothing to save her. she's really squishy and is downed in less than a second. If Annie is doing the ganking, I find my role is more to flash/stun/nuke than to chase down. +1 from the boots isn't going to do much here

What are your thoughts on this?
My thoughts are you're facing very incompetent players. They aren't punishing you by constantly ganking you in early-mid game. Causing you to either tower hug losing out on CS, or feed.

Medusa

05-07-2011

Yes, not everyone is going to be getting BoS anyway, might just be one person on the other team. (seen it often on Garen, Olaf, Singed and a few others.) Also its not as big of a difference in speed boost. Most if one of those champs have a MS buff steroid from one of their skills Garen's Decisive Strike, Singed's Insanity Potion and Mundo's Sadism for instance.

Other then stuff like that, yes id still build my Sorc, Merc, Lucidity.

lazeh

05-07-2011

No boots on Annie? Have fun arriving at any teamfight the moment your 4 teammate dies and you end up in a 5v1 being to slow to escape because you don't have boots... I dunno. Get boots.

Fishous

05-07-2011

You don't see why you should be getting boots because you can't get past using boots only for speed when they do so much more.

Kinkybear

05-07-2011

well first of all you're referring to the movemnt speeds incorrectly. It breaks down like this:
level 1 boots +50 move speed (350g)
level 2 boots +70 move speed (1000g)
level 3 boots +90 move speed (1000g)
level 5 boots +126 move speed (1000g)

the difference in speed between no boots and someone with lvl 2 boots is somewhere between 15% and 20% depending on the 2 heros base speeds and talents. That is pretty significant. For such a small investment. To put that in perspective ghost is only a 27% speed increase, so eesentially if you choose not to use boots your giving all your enemies a free ghost that is always up especially those who have level 3 boots. If you absolutely have to go AP over boots, at the very least buy level 1 boots for a measly 350g and sell them end game once you need the slot for your ap item. 350g is less than 2 creep waves. I hope to god your running ghost or teleport so you're not left behind every time you have to react to an enemy team attack.

paij

05-07-2011

If you feel like 1000 gold is too much for boots 2 then just buy boots 1. For 350 gold you get a massive increase in move speed compared from boots 1 to boots 2 or 3

Also you have to remember that move speed has diminishing returns

Arisulane

05-07-2011

Quote:
Lets say everyone gets boots of swiftness, and you're stuck on sorc boots. That means I'm behind in speed by 1. Same as the situation where everyone completes their boots and I don't, and instead get a better item. Here I'm also behind in speed by 1. Would you all still take the same stance on the situation?
Mobility equates to opportunity. The game isn't just about who can stack the most damaging stats, it's also about how quickly you can reinforce your team in a skirmish and how fast you can move between lanes and farm. You're making a financial investment when you get any item in LoL, and boots are always one of the best investments.