Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why get boots on Annie?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jamjam89

05-07-2011

I got into an argument with my friends earlier today about getting boots for Annie. I know as a general rule of thumb "all" champions should get boots, but I don't find it a big deal on Annie.

I figure there are three general fights I'd encounter:

• ganks
  • team fights
  • laning

If Annie gets ganked, she really has nothing to save her. she's really squishy and is downed in less than a second. If Annie is doing the ganking, I find my role is more to flash/stun/nuke than to chase down. +1 from the boots isn't going to do much here

In a team fight, Annie is in the back. Once the fight starts, you throw your **** down and run. If you're not picked off by then, you throw more **** down and run. This is the most situational out of all other fights, and I find it a very debatable topic. However I still don't see a solid reason why you should have extra speed here. Does you're survivability increase enough with the extra + 1 to justify spending 1000G on boots? I much rather wait another 600G and get a needlessly large rod.

Laning is the only situation where I figure Annie needs boots. She needs to get back to tower, and she needs to be able to dodge skill shots.

What are your thoughts on this?

Arisulane

05-07-2011

Quote:
jamjam89:
Laning is the only situation where I figure Annie needs boots. She needs to get back to tower, and she needs to be able to dodge skill shots.

Not the ONLY situation, but this seems like more than good enough a reason to get boots.

Adaelphon Delat

Recruiter

05-07-2011

Sorc shoes provide damage anyway, and some spell pen is necessary on any pure AP character. Boots let you get into position better. Annie needs to be in the right spot to maximize her stun. And it helps a ton during chasing. Also, you forgot a major situation: pre-teamfight poking. Before a team fight, there may be poking. Without boots, the second annie shows her face the enemy team can run her down, even if you intended just to Q someone to poke him. And in a teamfight boots let you better run behind your tank when you are being focused, so he can protect you. And boots let you get around between fights quicker. When you ace the time, you only have so much time to push. The movespeed provides so much utility, and remember, the game isn't just about how much damage you can do or AP you can stack.

Fennec

Recruiter

05-07-2011

AP doesnt mean anything if you can't hit anything.

urei

Recruiter

05-07-2011

try playing some games without boot and post me the result , you will notice why you need boots.

jamjam89

05-07-2011

Quote:
urei:
try playing some games without boot and post me the result , you will notice why you need boots.

I play many games without boots and don't notice a huge difference. Yes I see that there are times where having boots would have saved me. But there are times where when I get boots, I find the extra AP would have saved me. That's why I find it a debatable topic. I don't find the extra bit of survivability I get from the +1 on boots to be worth the 1000G, I could be spending on say, a void staff.

jamjam89

05-07-2011

Quote:
Adaelphon Delat:
Also, you forgot a major situation: pre-teamfight poking. Before a team fight, there may be poking. Without boots, the second annie shows her face the enemy team can run her down, even if you intended just to Q someone to poke him. And in a teamfight boots let you better run behind your tank when you are being focused, so he can protect you.

That's an incredibly valid point. However is the extra-bit of survivability justified? I find that even with boots on, as soon as you get focused it's over, regardless if you have the +1 or not.

CakeKnight

05-07-2011

The +1 isn't all that you get from boots, you are ignoring the extra M.Pen.

jamjam89

05-07-2011

Quote:
Arisulane:
Not the ONLY situation, but this seems like more than good enough a reason to get boots.

True, however if laning is the only situation, then would you sell it afterwards? Would you complete it? If it's not the only situation which other ones would you need them?

Medusa

05-07-2011

Quote:
jamjam89:
True, however if laning is the only situation, then would you sell it afterwards? Would you complete it? If it's not the only situation which other ones would you need them?

You need boots because everyone else will be getting them. If it was a not as often choice for people then it would be open to debate but since you know everyone will get them its hard to go without and gimp one's self.