Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Beginner's Guide: Basics to Top Solo Lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The better Man

06-07-2011

Quote:
ironblades:
i'm surprised alistar hasn't made anyone list
some health restore, decent aoe and can punish any one who tries to dive

Alistar needs a partner early game.
He is too slow to do anything but towerhug

Naramiel

Senior Recruiter

06-07-2011

Quote:
MatadorRED:

Melee minions: 2 tower hits, then one autoattack

Note that some champs need two auto-attacks plus 2 tower hits at low levels.

Omnissions

06-07-2011

One thing I've learned the hard way in a solo lane, DON'T BE GREEDY. Playing mord in a solo lane against nasus and teemo, I had them both extremely low, chased them to their tower. After all the minion agro, I'm quite low myself, so I pop into the bush to recall, suddenly nasus ghosts back to me, and they both kill me. Your main objective in a solo lane is to farm. If you can harass some as well without hurting your farm, have at it. The only time you should overextend for a kill when A)you have the river bush warded, and B)You have some sort of escape mechanism(Flash, Ghost,Riftwalk, etc.). Make sure you don't use your escape mechanism to try to chase, save it for defensive maneuvers

RadiantPyrophore

06-07-2011

Brand is not a good 1v2 unless your enemy is stupid and intimidated by him. He's too squishy, does not have sustainability, and no good escape mechanism.

Morgana is an Excellent 1v2, she has tanky dps size health, her passive is spell vamp. She has an aoe that can very rapidly clear minion waves/harass enemies. Her Q is a bind/nuke. Her E is possibly the best escape from gank tool in existence. Her ult also allows her to escape from insane situations.

ÁEDÁN

07-22-2011

like the guide leaves very little out C=

ObscureClockwork

07-29-2011

i would think orianna is good 1v2
she has good AOE, she can farm well, and has shield + speed buff and slow
also, she has the ability to harass well imo
also, her ult can stop ganks if used well enough, with her w and e

her ball also allows one to check brush without damage
idk though

CPG Krahelski

09-22-2011

Quote:
ObscureClockwork:
i would think orianna is good 1v2
she has good AOE, she can farm well, and has shield + speed buff and slow
also, she has the ability to harass well imo
also, her ult can stop ganks if used well enough, with her w and e

her ball also allows one to check brush without damage
idk though

she cant sustain tho, a shield keeping her in is negligible and harass just means jungler ganks u or 2 v 1 they just take turns backing as u get low (janna can shield so she can solo right???)

ViashinoWizard

09-22-2011

Cho'Gath is an excellent solo top. Between Consume, Feast and a rushed Catalyst, he has incredible sustain and all of his skills are great for defending: Rupture and Scream are both strong AOE spells, the former of which interrupts attacks to slow damage to your tower and with Vorpal Spikes it's not uncommon to last-hit multiple minions at once. He also benefits from hitting 6 as soon as possible to start building Feast stacks.

Omakahn

11-19-2011

This guide has reminded me of how incredibly passive this game can be if you want to do well.

Eoline

12-12-2011

Can someone put here an advanced guide for top solo lane ?