Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Beginner's Guide: Basics to Top Solo Lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotProEnough

06-06-2011

Quote:
MatadorRED:
2) Hit the enemy champion, take aggro on their minion wave, move back so the minions follow you, allow some minions to come closer to allow for safer last hitting. Aggro range is farther than their attack range, so you can aggro without taking minion hits.

You're talking about using a skill on the opponent to draw minion aggro. In my 60 some odd games, I've only noticed I pull minion aggro with autoattacks and NOT skills.

StyrTW

06-06-2011

Quote:
NotProEnough:
You're talking about using a skill on the opponent to draw minion aggro. In my 60 some odd games, I've only noticed I pull minion aggro with autoattacks and NOT skills.

That is a very big problem in LoL in that you can not draw aggro with minions via rightclick as easily as it was in DotA/HoN, where you simply only had to be within a certain distance to the enemy when you rightclicked to draw aggro, where in LoL it favors ranged champions only. If this were changed to be like the "other games", playing a solo lane as melee would be a lot easier, to move creeps around the lane. Currently it places a small but noticeable advantage to ranged champs.

And you are correct. Ability skills don't draw minion aggro at all giving ranged champions the advantage in the laning phase.

NotProEnough

06-06-2011

Quote:
StyrTW:
That is a very big problem in LoL in that you can not draw aggro with minions via rightclick as easily as it was in DotA/HoN, where you simply only had to be within a certain distance to the enemy when you rightclicked to draw aggro, where in LoL it favors ranged champions only. If this were changed to be like the "other games", playing a solo lane as melee would be a lot easier, to move creeps around the lane. Currently it places a small but noticeable advantage to ranged champs.

And you are correct. Ability skills don't draw minion aggro at all giving ranged champions the advantage in the laning phase.

So you have no little techniques for accomplishing this on a melee champ? =(
I think ranged DPS is boring. It feels way too safe and easy mode as you most likely have CC to stay at your range *cough*HUNTERS*cough*

malphismia

06-07-2011

Lol wow, i should have realized this. It's probably because I put in autoattacks in between my spells. I'll take off the wrong info then.

I don't know what kind of melee champ you're trying to 1v2 with. Depends on your level of comfort/experience with the champ. There's no easy way to do it, melee champs 1v2 are at an obvious disadvantage, and I will always zone them out if I have a chance.

The better Man

06-07-2011

[QUOTE=MatadorRED;8576833
Who Can 1v2 Solo Lane

Essentially, anyone can 1v2 top solo with good map awareness and lane control.[/QUOTE]

Not entirely true.
Anyone can hump the turret for 10 minutes but that is not controlling your lane.
I would for example say that Twitch is not a good 1 v 2 choise
A 1 v 2 solo need survivability and the ability to stand their ground.

The better Man

06-07-2011

Quote:
TheUntzBus33:
I think a list of who the best at 2v1 and who should NOT 2v1 would be a decent idea. There are few that just can't hack it and will lose their turret in 10 minutes.

BAD
*Gangplank: does not have enough push to maintain his turret AND farm. Would have to use his ult to clear minions rather than assisting other places on the map
*Soraka: Cannot push/harass hard enough and should be tied to someone early game for support purposes. Also incredibly squishy to burst dmg(which a 2v1 or 3v1 scenario certainly has)
*Sona: Same issues as Soraka.
*Kassadin - I honestly dislike Kassadin in a 2v1 position. I'm sure it's been done, but he is VERY weak early game. His early game pushing ability is pretty lame, he requires a decent amount of farm to be successful endgame (which can be taken away from him 2v1) and without his ult he is very easy to take down. Against a more aggressive 2v1 comp (sion/taric or blitz/anything) he will struggle and probably fail.

I personally dislike teleport based champs in a 2v1 lane because if you have to leave your lane to help others (Shen, TF, Panth) your lane is then vulnerable to opposing team pushing your turret. Do so at your own peril.

Good
*Mordekaiser - Can clear minion waves easily, harass well, and has high damage mitigation to counter their harass. Can be difficult to escape ganks though.
*Irelia - Great farming ability, health restoration, and harass. Not easy to gank either.
*Gragas - stated by OP
*Nasus - One of the best 1v1 champs in the game also excels at 2v1. Spirit fire can wipe out minion waves, passive health restore on auto attacks, can use wither defensively, and ability to farm his Q stacks at will. Can also use Ult to become beefier in a pinch if need be.
*Renekton - Great mobility, can wipe out minion waves/harass, health restoration on his Q, a stun, and an ult that makes him beefier. Farmed Renektons are also slightly scary....
*Xin Zhao - (Not the greateat but definitely competant) health restoration on auto attacks, decent mobility, scary when farmed. NO ONE will dive you unless you've played like an idiot and let them get you under 25% hp.

Lots of champions can be good at it, but those are the best IMO. Maybe I left some out?? Discuss

BAD
Yi
Twitch
Eve
Teemo
Vayne

GOOD
Sion
Garen
Vlad
Brand

NOT SURE
Ashe
Karthus
Kog
Mundo
Cho

The better Man

06-07-2011

VERY IMPORTANT MEASSAGE

To all who like to Jungle

CHECK IF SOMEONE CAN HOLD A 1 v 2 LANE BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO JUNGLE!!!
DO NOT JUNGLE THE WHOLE GAME!!!

Nothing is as irritating as a jungler who runs out in the bush and leaves a teammate to be manhandled in his sololane. You lost the game before it even started.
And another jungler who choses to kill the wolves over a given gank

Etherimp

06-07-2011

Quote:
The better Man:
VERY IMPORTANT MEASSAGE

To all who like to Jungle

CHECK IF SOMEONE CAN HOLD A 1 v 2 LANE BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO JUNGLE!!!
DO NOT JUNGLE THE WHOLE GAME!!!

Nothing is as irritating as a jungler who runs out in the bush and leaves a teammate to be manhandled in his sololane. You lost the game before it even started.
And another jungler who choses to kill the wolves over a given gank

If your jungler isn't ganking by level 3, 4 at the latest, that jungler sucks.

Ilkugar

06-07-2011

My strongest laning situation is Mundo 2v1 @top, comparing what I've learnt to this guide its all very close nice job

ironblades

06-07-2011

i'm surprised alistar hasn't made anyone list
some health restore, decent aoe and can punish any one who tries to dive